Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default Recomposing with generic-logos

Hello,

I'm recomposing Fedora without fedora-logos, and instead using the
generic-logos package, in order to get de-branded installation media (so
that others can re-brand Fedora).

The result shows[1], while tty3 shows[2]; it seems there's no fonts
loaded -or they cannot be found for some reason. The requirements for
fedora-logos and generic-logos however are similar, which leads me to
conclude everything appropriate /is/ in fact being pulled in a
transaction set. I'm wondering what else may be going wrong.

I was thinking this may be caused by different %postinstall scripts for
the fedora-logos and generic-logos packages[3], but I'm not sure it is.

Then, nim-nim mentioned on #fedora-devel it could have to do with fonts
packages. I composed the DVD with full debug logging on, so it's rather
large[4] (and bloated -18MB). I've grepped on font to get anything
related to fonts[5] (~352K).

Could someone give me a push in the right direction?

Thank you in advance ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

[1] http://kanarip.fedorapeople.org/generic-logos-compose.png
[2] http://kanarip.fedorapeople.org/generic-logos-compose-vty3.png
[3] http://fpaste.org/paste/2227
[4] http://kanarip.fedorapeople.org/generic-logos-compose-debug.log
[5] http://kanarip.fedorapeople.org/generic-logos-compose-debug-fonts.log

Old 05-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Bill Nottingham

Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip@kanarip.com) said:
> I'm recomposing Fedora without fedora-logos, and instead using the
> generic-logos package, in order to get de-branded installation media (so
> that others can re-brand Fedora).
>
> The result shows[1], while tty3 shows[2]; it seems there's no fonts loaded
> -or they cannot be found for some reason. The requirements for fedora-logos
> and generic-logos however are similar, which leads me to conclude
> everything appropriate /is/ in fact being pulled in a transaction set. I'm
> wondering what else may be going wrong.
>
> I was thinking this may be caused by different %postinstall scripts for the
> fedora-logos and generic-logos packages[3], but I'm not sure it is.
>
> Then, nim-nim mentioned on #fedora-devel it could have to do with fonts
> packages. I composed the DVD with full debug logging on, so it's rather
> large[4] (and bloated -18MB). I've grepped on font to get anything related
> to fonts[5] (~352K).
>
> Could someone give me a push in the right direction?

Can you compare the package set on the compose?

By 'result' you mean the installer, not live, correct? What appears
to have happend is you didn't include the @fonts group in your compose,
so you have no fonts for anaconda to use.

Bill

Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Can you compare the package set on the compose?

A `diff -u` of "ls *.rpm" is at http://fpaste.org/paste/2289

A complete diff of the contents of stage2.img is at
http://fpaste.org/paste/2290

By 'result' you mean the installer, not live, correct? What appears
to have happend is you didn't include the @fonts group in your compose,
so you have no fonts for anaconda to use.

result in this case is the installer (images/media), yes.

Both composes use external repositories to get the packages needed -as
per a backported fix from wwoods-, and hence the package payload in the
composed tree isn't as much related to the composing of the installer
images anymore. Including @fonts in the package set didn't help.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Bill Nottingham

Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip@kanarip.com) said:
> A `diff -u` of "ls *.rpm" is at http://fpaste.org/paste/2289
>
> A complete diff of the contents of stage2.img is at
> http://fpaste.org/paste/2290

That looks to be something broken in the image creation process
completely aside from fedora-logos vs generic-logos - there's nothing
there that would imply the removal of specspo, for example.

Are you sure you're using the right upd-instroot?

Bill