Old 05-16-2008, 04:52 AM
"Izhar Firdaus"

Default Using LiveUSB-Creator to do Wubi-like installation

Looking at the concept of Fedora LiveUSB (disk image on existing disk,
overlay image , etc) ... shouldn't this be possible?

how well Syslinux support dualboot with windows??

I tried playing around on VM just now, but the lmacken
liveusb-creator.exe doesnt allow selecting drive C .. (maybe will hack
around later, though i'm still doubting whether i'm capable or not)

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru

Old 05-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 12:52 +0800, Izhar Firdaus wrote:
> Looking at the concept of Fedora LiveUSB (disk image on existing disk,
> overlay image , etc) ... shouldn't this be possible?

In theory you can do it. It's not going to be as nice, though -- the overlay image is implemented using dm-snapshot which won't be incredibly efficient with space as you go through and do updates

Jeremy

Old 05-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Luke Macken

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:52:27PM +0800, Izhar Firdaus wrote:
> I tried playing around on VM just now, but the lmacken
> liveusb-creator.exe doesnt allow selecting drive C .. (maybe will hack
> around later, though i'm still doubting whether i'm capable or not)

I plan on adding a [non-obvious] option to force the use of a given
drive.

luke