Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Caolan McNamara

Default Rawhide update problem

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 10:12 +0100, Paul wrote:
> If I exclude both hunspell and xulrunner from the update, I still get a
> problem in that OOo-core needs hunspell.so.1

1) xulrunner depends on hunspell
2) OOo depends on hunspell and xulrunner
3) I bumped hunspell (about a month ago into dist-f10) and it changes
abi, so rebuild needed.
4) xulrunner is configured --with-system-hunspell but actually #includes
a *local* copy of hunspell.hxx which now no longer matches the system
hunspell header, so it fails to link on a rebuild. That's the actual bug
here.
5) proper fix is to fix xulrunner to not use the local hunspell.hxx
header when building aginst an external hunspell
6) quick and dirty fix is to simply link the system hunspell.hxx over
the local one in %prep and rebuild xulrunner,
7) Nevertheless, seeing as xulrunner apparently can only be changed if
upstream commits the change (if I understand correctly) 5 or 6 cannot be
done, or cannot be done quickly, so for the sake of a quiet life I added
last night a constructor to hunspell to provide the expected symbol that
the internal hunspell.hxx misleads xulrunner into thinking should exist
and rebuilt hunspell to make it available, which should make a xulrunner
rebuild possible without a xulrunner fix.

> Are these expected to be fixed in today's rawhide?

Probably tomorrow, or soon after that.

C.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Paul

Hi,

> > Are these expected to be fixed in today's rawhide?
>
> Probably tomorrow, or soon after that.

<hopeful> And OOo. 3? </hopeful>

;-)

TTFN

Paul

Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Caolan McNamara

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 11:10 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Are these expected to be fixed in today's rawhide?
> >
> > Probably tomorrow, or soon after that.
>
> <hopeful> And OOo. 3? </hopeful>

That's the plan anyway. Build will be forthcoming in the new few days.

OOo 3 may be a bit of a rocky ride given the
a) three layer stuff
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ODF_Toolkit/Efforts/Three-Layer_OOo
which moves a lot of stuff around and
b) a good amount of new stuff is going to be in extensions, which is a
little bit complicated for a simple upgrade path from 2.X.Y

but it all works lovely locally here anyway :-)

On the bright side, a giant whack of the fedora patches are merged, or
being merged, into OOo3, and a lot of the code-reduction stuff I've been
working on will come through in this version as well.

Also OOo3 should build and work out of the box for ia64, arm-eabi etc.
as well, so the archteams shouldn't have to do anything to get OOo3 to
build for them.

C.