Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Kevin Kofler

Default F8->F9 yum upgrade notes: bluecurve lost etc.

Pekka Savola <pekkas <at> netcore.fi> writes:
> - The Bluecurve theme appears to have disappeared in a strange way.
> When you log in using an old user that had used bluecurve, all windows
> lacked the header (w/ the buttons) on top. Changing to 'Default' with
> Settings - Window Manager Settings fixed this, and when I next looked
> at the settings, bluecurve had already disppeared from selection.
> Some other user might not have realized what has gone wrong.
> Shouldn't there be an automatic transition path out if bluecurve no
> longer works?

Is that in KDE? The KDE 4 version of the theme is called
quarticurve-kwin-theme, it should have replaced the old bluecurve-kwin-theme
automatically, you can set the theme in the options.

I realize the name change is causing some trouble, but as I did that port on my
own without Red Hat's approval, I didn't want to abuse the trademark.

If I hadn't done the Quarticurve port, there would be no Bluecurve theme for
KWin at all in KDE 4. You can't use KDE 3 themes in KDE 4.

Kevin Kofler

Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Kevin Kofler

Oh, and there's a Qt 4 widget style and a KDE 4 color scheme in the
qt4-theme-quarticurve package. Also a README file with a hint how to use the
widgetStyle4 hack to set KDE 4 to quarticurve and KDE 3 to bluecurve (again a
naming issue).

Kevin Kofler

Old 05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Pekka Savola

Pekka Savola <pekkas <at> netcore.fi> writes:

- The Bluecurve theme appears to have disappeared in a strange way.
When you log in using an old user that had used bluecurve, all windows
lacked the header (w/ the buttons) on top. Changing to 'Default' with
Settings - Window Manager Settings fixed this, and when I next looked
at the settings, bluecurve had already disppeared from selection.
Some other user might not have realized what has gone wrong.
Shouldn't there be an automatic transition path out if bluecurve no
longer works?

Is that in KDE? The KDE 4 version of the theme is called
quarticurve-kwin-theme, it should have replaced the old bluecurve-kwin-theme
automatically, you can set the theme in the options.

This is xfce; kde is installed but not in use.

--
Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy kingdom bleeds."

Old 05-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Pekka Savola