Old 05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Gerry Reno

Default F7 intel ich5, alsa, device busy

We have a laptop that is running F7 with Intel P4 and ICH5 and alsa.
Whenever you boot the laptop it will play audio for a few minutes and
then the audio app will get an error about not being able to open the
audio channel. I go into soundcard detection and it does not play
either. So I select reload audio drivers. This of course requires a
reboot and then we're good for another few minutes until the audio
driver/device becomes busy again. There is no other audio app running
other than the one we are trying to use. I checked for new alsa libs
and nothing. This is a truly annoying problem for the user. What is
the best option here for sound on this laptop?

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Mike Cronenworth