FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Brian Wheeler
 
Default Did preupgrade make it in?

Well, it worked for a while... It got to "Downloading installer
metadata" and then hung. The python backtrace looks like this:

No package matched to remove
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 198, in on_assistant_apply
self._do_main()
File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 206, in _do_main
self.main_preupgrade()
File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 349, in main_preupgrade
self.pu.retrieve_treeinfo()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line 390, in retrieve_treeinfo
raise PUError, "Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo"
preupgrade.PUError: Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo


This happened on two machines using preupgrade-0.9.3-2.fc8 looks like I
got bit by bug 446244.

Brian




On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 10:23 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 10:19 -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> > I don't see any references in the release notes, and I can't find the
> > rpm anywhere...
> >
> > Thanks
> > Brian
>
> You can get preupgrade-0.9.3-2 from koji.
>
> It has the Fedora9 final release enabled as an upgrade target:
> For Fedora8:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=48882
> For Fedora7:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=48885
>
> -sv
>
>

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Will Woods
 
Default Did preupgrade make it in?

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 13:51 -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> Well, it worked for a while... It got to "Downloading installer
> metadata" and then hung. The python backtrace looks like this:
>
> No package matched to remove
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 198, in on_assistant_apply
> self._do_main()
> File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 206, in _do_main
> self.main_preupgrade()
> File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 349, in main_preupgrade
> self.pu.retrieve_treeinfo()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line 390, in retrieve_treeinfo
> raise PUError, "Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo"
> preupgrade.PUError: Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo
>
>
> This happened on two machines using preupgrade-0.9.3-2.fc8 looks like I
> got bit by bug 446244.

What the heck? What arch is this machine? Is it a xen guest or anything
weird?

Actually, I'm guessing it got a 0-byte file for treeinfo, and that's why
it failed. The mirrors are, not surprisingly, a little busy right now.

-w
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Brian Wheeler
 
Default Did preupgrade make it in?

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 13:55 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 13:51 -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> > Well, it worked for a while... It got to "Downloading installer
> > metadata" and then hung. The python backtrace looks like this:
> >
> > No package matched to remove
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 198, in on_assistant_apply
> > self._do_main()
> > File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 206, in _do_main
> > self.main_preupgrade()
> > File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 349, in main_preupgrade
> > self.pu.retrieve_treeinfo()
> > File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/preupgrade/__init__.py", line 390, in retrieve_treeinfo
> > raise PUError, "Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo"
> > preupgrade.PUError: Cannot find any kernel/initrd section for this arch in treeinfo
> >
> >
> > This happened on two machines using preupgrade-0.9.3-2.fc8 looks like I
> > got bit by bug 446244.
>
> What the heck? What arch is this machine? Is it a xen guest or anything
> weird?
>

Nope. It was a fresh install of F8, I believe. This also failed on an
F8 which was an F7 update.


> Actually, I'm guessing it got a 0-byte file for treeinfo, and that's why
> it failed. The mirrors are, not surprisingly, a little busy right now.
>

I did get "no more mirrors to try" once, but this failed differently.


There is a patch attached to the bug, but I've not tried it out yet.

Brian


> -w
> --
> fedora-devel-list mailing list
> fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 PM
"Michael Wiktowy"
 
Default Did preupgrade make it in?

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Brian Wheeler <bdwheele@indiana.edu> wrote:
> I did get "no more mirrors to try" once, but this failed differently.
> There is a patch attached to the bug, but I've not tried it out yet.

Link to the latest one for those looking:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/preupgrade-0.9.3-3.fc8

I am going to give it a go ... wish me luck.
I'm guessing my Livna stuff will blow up horribly.

/Mike

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 PM
"Michael Wiktowy"
 
Default Did preupgrade make it in?

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Michael Wiktowy
<michael.wiktowy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Brian Wheeler <bdwheele@indiana.edu> wrote:
> > I did get "no more mirrors to try" once, but this failed differently.
> > There is a patch attached to the bug, but I've not tried it out yet.
>
> Link to the latest one for those looking:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending/preupgrade-0.9.3-3.fc8
>
> I am going to give it a go ... wish me luck.
> I'm guessing my Livna stuff will blow up horribly.

One bit of feedback while things download:

The tip at the bottom mentions "If you need to cancel right now, your
downloads will pick up from where they left off the next time you run
this assistant."

Which is great ... except that the Cancel button is greyed out.

/Mike

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org