Old 05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Rawhide moving on to Fedora 10

In preparation of the Fedora 9 release tomorrow, we've flipped the
configuration bit that will allow "rawhide" to be composed from Fedora
10 content tomorrow. This will likely fail in spectacular ways due to
all the pent up builds so it should be interesting.

Those of you that have installed rawhide starting from Fedora 9 Preview
or later, or have updated yourself to rawhide at any point post Preview,
your default yum configuration will have you set for staying on Fedora
9. If you've modified your config files you may not have picked up this
change and will want to verify what repos are enabled before you get hit
with a lot of Fedora 10 packages.

The updates repos for Fedora 9 are currently empty, but I'm working on
an updates push that will populate the updates and updates-testing with
some 0-day updates that have been prepared. Theoretically these updates
will hit mirrors sometime tonight.

Keep all body parts inside the cart at all times. Buckle up and enjoy
the ride!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!