Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
"Jerry James"

Default jsr-305

I'm *still* working on getting findbugs [1] into Fedora. Thanks very
much to all who reviewed the prerequisites ... and now there's
another. The jsr-305 [2] package is a new prerequisite, and is now
the sole prerequisite before I can submit findbugs itself. I'd like
some advice on how to tackle an issue with this package. The license
under which it is distributed (BSD) is specified on the project web
pages, but is nowhere referred to in the actual source distribution.
There is not a single file I can find that refers to the license in
any way. I have asked upstream to fix this issue [3], along with the
2 patches I needed to build the package, and a query as to whether
there is anybody there. A month has gone by with no response to any
of those messages. Can I proceed with this package, or do I need to
keep shouting until somebody upstream wakes up and adds the licensing
terms? How about if I include a copy of the project web page that
states the license terms?

My current efforts are here [4], by the way.

[2] http://jsr-305.googlecode.com/
[3] http://groups.google.com/group/jsr-305/msg/959fee95941a8743
[4] http://jjames.fedorapeople.org/jsr-305/
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 14:42 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> Can I proceed with this package, or do I need to
> keep shouting until somebody upstream wakes up and adds the licensing
> terms? How about if I include a copy of the project web page that
> states the license terms?

Please include a copy of the project web page and comment in the spec
file as to where you determined the license from. This is not a blocker
as far as I'm concerned.

~spot

Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
"Jerry James"

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> wrote:
> Please include a copy of the project web page and comment in the spec
> file as to where you determined the license from. This is not a blocker
> as far as I'm concerned.

Great. Thank you!