Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Paul

Default ikvm and prepackaged libs

Hi,

Getting ikvm to build is proving to be a hideous problem.

1. classpath needs to be rebuilt
2. ecj needs to be built with ikvm

The only reason for this is that there is one dll required which is
prebuilt.

Given the amount of problems this one dll will cause, can ikvm be given
special consideration and be allowed the dll? It is not causing problems
on my x86 or x86_64 boxes.

TTFN

Paul

Old 05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Andrew Haley

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Getting ikvm to build is proving to be a hideous problem.
>
> 1. classpath needs to be rebuilt

I don't get it. Building classpath requires java-devel, which is a
standard part of Fedora.

> 2. ecj needs to be built with ikvm

Err, why? ecj is also a standard prt of Fedora.

Andrew.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Paul

Hi,

> > Getting ikvm to build is proving to be a hideous problem.
> >
> > 1. classpath needs to be rebuilt
>

> I don't get it. Building classpath requires java-devel, which is a
> standard part of Fedora.

Yep - I know that. ikvm builds classpath for itself. That really isn't a
problem, the tarball can be extracted within the ikvm directories and
the script fiddled with. It does add almost 10Mb to the src.rpm size

> > 2. ecj needs to be built with ikvm
>
> Err, why? ecj is also a standard prt of Fedora.

To build part of ikvm, ecj is rebuilt by ikvm which means another
package being brought in to build a 80k dll!

TTFN

Paul

Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Andrew Haley

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Getting ikvm to build is proving to be a hideous problem.
>>>
>>> 1. classpath needs to be rebuilt
>>
>> I don't get it. Building classpath requires java-devel, which is a
>> standard part of Fedora.
>
> Yep - I know that. ikvm builds classpath for itself. That really isn't a
> problem, the tarball can be extracted within the ikvm directories and
> the script fiddled with. It does add almost 10Mb to the src.rpm size

Ok.

>>> 2. ecj needs to be built with ikvm
>> Err, why? ecj is also a standard prt of Fedora.
>
> To build part of ikvm, ecj is rebuilt by ikvm which means another
> package being brought in to build a 80k dll!

OK, so what are you complaining about? What is this hideous problem?
Doesn't seem there is any problem at all.

Andrew.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Nicolas Mailhot

Le lundi 12 mai 2008 15:36 +0100, Paul a crit :

> > > 2. ecj needs to be built with ikvm
> >
> > Err, why? ecj is also a standard prt of Fedora.
>
> To build part of ikvm, ecj is rebuilt by ikvm which means another
> package being brought in to build a 80k dll!

That's the free software way, sorry Same rule for everyone. Be sure
to relay all your issues to ikvm upstream so it fixes its build options

--
Nicolas Mailhot