FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Ralf Corsepius
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

Hi,

I am facing a strange cmake-related error when trying to upgrade
OpenSceneGraph to version 2.4.0 on FC10:

...
-- Looking for pthread_yield
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
Target "cmTryCompileExec" links to item " -lpthread" which has leading
or
trailing whitespace. This is now an error according to policy
CMP0004.
...

Full logs:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=604094&name=build.log
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=604094&name=root.log
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=604094&name=state.log

Local mock-building the srpm for fc8 and fc9 works without problems,
which makes me think something in cmake-2.6.0 on FC10 is broken.

Any ideas?

Ralf



--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-12-2008, 12:15 PM
"Gianluca Sforna"
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:
> -- Looking for pthread_yield
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
> Target "cmTryCompileExec" links to item " -lpthread" which has leading
> or
> trailing whitespace. This is now an error according to policy
> CMP0004.

It seems related to:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake-commits/2008-March/003605.html

so you probably just need to find out where in OSG cmakefiles "
-lpthread" was added that leading whitespace and get rid of it.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> I am facing a strange cmake-related error when trying to upgrade
> OpenSceneGraph to version 2.4.0 on FC10:

That's cmake 2.6.0 being stricter than 2.4.x.

The solutions probably include either locating and removing the offending extra
space or turning that policy off.

If you can't figure it out, I can help you fix this (having accumulated cmake
experience from comaintaining KDE 4 ;-) ).

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Ralf Corsepius
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:16 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> > I am facing a strange cmake-related error when trying to upgrade
> > OpenSceneGraph to version 2.4.0 on FC10:
>
> That's cmake 2.6.0 being stricter than 2.4.x.
>
> The solutions probably include either locating and removing the offending extra
> space or turning that policy off.
>
> If you can't figure it out, I can help you fix this (having accumulated cmake
> experience from comaintaining KDE 4 ;-) ).

Please do so, ... I can't spot any offending extra space related to
pthread in the entire source tree:

# find ( -name 'CMake*' -o -name '*.cmake' ) -exec grep -H pthread {} ;
./CMakeLists.txt:# library is not necessary. We currently don't case for pthreads on Windows
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt: OPTION(OPENTHREADS_USE_SPROC_INSTEAD_OF_PTHREADS "Set to ON to build OpenThreads against sproc instead of pthreads" OFF)
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt: # So I think Cygwin wants to use pthreads
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt: SUBDIRS(pthreads)
./src/OpenThreads/CMakeLists.txt: SUBDIRS(pthreads)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_yield HAVE_PTHREAD_YIELD)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt: # sched_yield appears not in libc, pthreads or whatever on some systems
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt: # need to have that for pthread_setaffinity_np on linux
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_setco ncurrency HAVE_PTHREAD_SETCONCURRENCY)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_getco ncurrency HAVE_PTHREAD_GETCONCURRENCY)
./src/OpenThreads/pthreads/CMakeLists.txt:CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(pthread_setaf finity_np HAVE_PTHREAD_SETAFFINITY_NP)

Sources can be found in Fedora's CVS (OpenSceneGraph/devel).

Ralf


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Orion Poplawski
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

Hi,

I am facing a strange cmake-related error when trying to upgrade
OpenSceneGraph to version 2.4.0 on FC10:

...
-- Looking for pthread_yield
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
Target "cmTryCompileExec" links to item " -lpthread" which has leading
or
trailing whitespace. This is now an error according to policy
CMP0004.


I think attached patch is what you need. I think a lot of cmake users
(including myself) are confused about using lists.


Build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=605508

Still get a cmake warning, that probably needs to get fixed in cmake.


--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222
NWRA/CoRA Division FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane orion@cora.nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301 http://www.cora.nwra.com
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> Please do so, ... I can't spot any offending extra space related to
> pthread in the entire source tree:

Looks like Orion fixed it already, see his reply. :-)

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Ralf Corsepius
 
Default FC10: strange cmake error

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 14:58 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am facing a strange cmake-related error when trying to upgrade
> > OpenSceneGraph to version 2.4.0 on FC10:
> >
> > ...
> > -- Looking for pthread_yield
> > CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
> > Target "cmTryCompileExec" links to item " -lpthread" which has leading
> > or
> > trailing whitespace. This is now an error according to policy
> > CMP0004.
>
> I think attached patch is what you need. I think a lot of cmake users
> (including myself) are confused about using lists.
>
> Build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=605508
>
> Still get a cmake warning, that probably needs to get fixed in cmake.
Thanks, everyone.

This patch at least gets building this package going again

Ralf


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:50 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org