Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Paul

Default Getting ikvm back into rawhide correctly

Hi,

I'm part way there with a little bit of force! There seems to be two
main problems, one is a show stopper, the other a pain which can be
worked around.

The showstopper is that the build script requires javac. I can fix that
if I knew what the java byte compiler that is shipped with Fedora is. I
know we have gcj and the open sourced java compiler, but I'm not sure if
they ship with javac (or an implementation thereof).

The second which can be worked around is that ikvm ships with prebuilt
binaries bits. Okay, not a biggie, as the documentation says that it
doesn't need it, but refers to it, so I just need to put the class
library into a Requires field and that should do it.

Any help on these would be appreciated.

TTFN

Paul

Old 05-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:17:05AM +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm part way there with a little bit of force! There seems to be two
> main problems, one is a show stopper, the other a pain which can be
> worked around.
>
> The showstopper is that the build script requires javac. I can fix that
> if I knew what the java byte compiler that is shipped with Fedora is. I
> know we have gcj and the open sourced java compiler, but I'm not sure if
> they ship with javac (or an implementation thereof).

If you don't care which javac is used, and if I remember well, you can
have
BuildRequires: java-devel
The java packages use the alternative system to provide both javac and
other commands.

--
Pat