Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
"Aaron Gray"

Default Mylex DAC960 and LSI legacy SCSI controllers on Fedora 9 Beta

The Mylex DAC960 and LSI sym53c8xx*SCSI
controllers do not seem to be detected at install time on Fedora 9 Beta, where
they are on FC6.
*
On FC6 and below*text*mode boxes display
the loading of the*two drivers. This does not happen on Fedora 9
Beta.
*
Are*legacy SCSI devices no longer supported or
do I have a beta bug or local problem ?
*
Aaron
*

Old 05-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Dave Jones

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 08:54:25PM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> The Mylex DAC960 and LSI sym53c8xx SCSI controllers do not seem to be detected at install time on Fedora 9 Beta, where they are on FC6.
>
> On FC6 and below text mode boxes display the loading of the two drivers. This does not happen on Fedora 9 Beta.
>
> Are legacy SCSI devices no longer supported or do I have a beta bug or local problem ?

Definitely wasn't intentional.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

Old 05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
"Aaron Gray"

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 08:54:25PM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> The Mylex DAC960 and LSI sym53c8xx SCSI controllers do not seem to be
> detected at install time on Fedora 9 Beta, where they are on FC6.

> On FC6 and below text mode boxes display the loading of the two drivers.
> This does not happen on Fedora 9 Beta.

> Are legacy SCSI devices no longer supported or do I have a beta bug or
> local problem ?

Definitely wasn't intentional.

Thanks Dave, I will try again once back on site, also I will try FC 7 & 8.

Cheers,

Aaron

Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
"Aaron Gray"

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 08:54:25PM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> The Mylex DAC960 and LSI sym53c8xx SCSI controllers do not seem to be
> detected at install time on Fedora 9 Beta, where they are on FC6.

> On FC6 and below text mode boxes display the loading of the two
> drivers. This does not happen on Fedora 9 Beta.

> Are legacy SCSI devices no longer supported or do I have a beta bug or
> local problem ?

Definitely wasn't intentional.

Thanks Dave, I will try again once back on site, also I will try FC 7 & 8.

Okay I have tried F9Beta again and it is not loading the DAC960 or sym53c8xx
SCSI device drivers.

Aaron