Old 05-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Christoph Wickert

Default Orphaned package still in the repo

Hi everybody,

I orphaned gnome-ppp on April, 5th, nevertheless it was copied to the F9
and Rawhide repos on April 15th. Why? The program is dead upstream and
I'd like to get rid of this package ASAP, if possible before F9.

Regards
Christoph

Old 05-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Rex Dieter

Christoph Wickert wrote:

> I orphaned gnome-ppp on April, 5th, nevertheless it was copied to the F9
> and Rawhide repos on April 15th. Why? The program is dead upstream and
> I'd like to get rid of this package ASAP, if possible before F9.

Did you ask rel-eng to block it per EOL procedure?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

-- Rex

Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Freitag, den 09.05.2008, 12:48 -0500 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > I orphaned gnome-ppp on April, 5th, nevertheless it was copied to the F9
> > and Rawhide repos on April 15th. Why? The program is dead upstream and
> > I'd like to get rid of this package ASAP, if possible before F9.
>
> Did you ask rel-eng to block it per EOL procedure?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

No I did not, because I thought the EOL procedure was obsoleted by
pkgDB.

> -- Rex

Christoph

Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Bill Nottingham

> > Did you ask rel-eng to block it per EOL procedure?
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife
>
> No I did not, because I thought the EOL procedure was obsoleted by
> pkgDB.

pkgDB does not now (and may not ever) know how to block packages
from koji.

Bill

Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Kevin Kofler

Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> I orphaned gnome-ppp on April, 5th, nevertheless it was copied to the F9
> and Rawhide repos on April 15th. Why? The program is dead upstream and
> I'd like to get rid of this package ASAP, if possible before F9.

You can't remove packages from released versions, and as far as I know it's too
late to get the package blocked from F9 too now (you can ask rel-eng for
confirmation, but I believe the Everything repo is already being synced to
mirrors), you can only get it blocked from F10 on.

Blocking packages (i.e. making them disappear from Rawhide and future releases)
can only be done by Release Engineering, you have to request it from them.

Kevin Kofler