Old 05-09-2008, 02:39 PM
"Douglas E. Warner"

Default Evil download URL

I'm working on updating gpsbabel to the new version but upstream has removed
all direct download links to the source. Through watching HTTP headers I was
able to find the a download URL like this:

http://www.gpsbabel.org/plan9.php?dl=gpsbabel-1.3.5.tar.gz

This makes rpmbuild unhappy if I include it as the Source0 since it thinks the
file is "plan9.php?dl=gpsbabel-1.3.5.tar.gz", and moreover I'm subverting
upstream's distribution system by using this (and it could easily be changed
again).

What are people's recommendations for dealing with this? I've asked the dev
if there is a direct download link but they said that there wasn't; they
wanted to present the "project" rather than "a pile of bits".

Should I just put a comment in the docs as to where the source can be
downloaded and point at the local source?

-Doug

Old 05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 10:39 -0400, Douglas E. Warner wrote:

> Should I just put a comment in the docs as to where the source can be
> downloaded and point at the local source?

If by "comment in the docs" you mean "comment in the spec file", then
yes.

~spot

Old 05-09-2008, 03:11 PM
"Douglas E. Warner"

On Friday 09 May 2008 10:43:09 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> If by "comment in the docs" you mean "comment in the spec file", then
> yes.

Yes, that's what I meant.

-Doug