Old 05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Suren Karapetyan

Default F9 and KVM

Gerry Reno wrote:

I'm looking at VDE now and I have it compiled and running on an old
fc6 box but I have not been able to get it compiled for my f9 box.
I was surprised that there was no package for VDE. It looks pretty
useful. Anyway, I'm not getting anywhere trying to get it to compile on
F9. Did something change regarding limits.h? I run the exact same
compile on FC6 and it works. But on F9 it fails. Was some header file
including limits.h before and is not including it now?

Regards,
Gerry

Not quite sure what broke it, but adding "#include <sys/param.h>" in
src/slirpvde/slirpvde.c solves it for me

Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Suren Karapetyan

Gerry Reno wrote:

Gerry Reno wrote:
I'm looking at VDE now and I have it compiled and running on an old
fc6 box but I have not been able to get it compiled for my f9 box.
I was surprised that there was no package for VDE. It looks pretty
useful. Anyway, I'm not getting anywhere trying to get it to compile on
F9. Did something change regarding limits.h? I run the exact same
compile on FC6 and it works. But on F9 it fails. Was some header file
including limits.h before and is not including it now?

Regards,
Gerry

Ooop... Not just there but to every file which fails to compile

Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Gerry Reno

Suren Karapetyan wrote:

Gerry Reno wrote:

Gerry Reno wrote:
I'm looking at VDE now and I have it compiled and running on an old
fc6 box but I have not been able to get it compiled for my f9 box.
I was surprised that there was no package for VDE. It looks pretty
useful. Anyway, I'm not getting anywhere trying to get it to compile
on F9. Did something change regarding limits.h? I run the exact
same compile on FC6 and it works. But on F9 it fails. Was some
header file including limits.h before and is not including it now?

Regards,
Gerry

Not quite sure what broke it, but adding "#include <sys/param.h>" in
src/slirpvde/slirpvde.c solves it for me

I was able to get VDE to compile on F9
by adding "#include <sys/param.h>" to the following files:

slirpvde/slirpvde.c
wirefilter/wirefilter.c
vde_plug2tap/vde_plug2tap.c
vde_autolink/vde_autolink.c
vdetaplib/libvdetap.c

Left a message about this in the VDE forum on sourceforge.net.

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Gerry Reno

I have my VM's running under KVM and I am following a wiki page at
linux-kvm for hotplugging pci devices. I need to put the commands in
the monitor console but I have typed Ctrl-Alt <everykey> and still I
cannot find the monitor console. It is supposed to be on Ctrl-Alt-2 but
that is where the serial console is located. Can someone give me a
pointer as to how you get to the monitor console in KVM?

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Casey Dahlin

Suren Karapetyan wrote:

Gerry Reno wrote:

Gerry Reno wrote:
I'm looking at VDE now and I have it compiled and running on an old
fc6 box but I have not been able to get it compiled for my f9 box.
I was surprised that there was no package for VDE. It looks pretty
useful. Anyway, I'm not getting anywhere trying to get it to compile
on F9. Did something change regarding limits.h? I run the exact
same compile on FC6 and it works. But on F9 it fails. Was some
header file including limits.h before and is not including it now?

Regards,
Gerry

Not quite sure what broke it, but adding "#include <sys/param.h>" in
src/slirpvde/slirpvde.c solves it for me

Probably something to do with the wave of gcc43 incompatibilities that
have hit hundreds of less-than-standards-prudent codebases.

--CJD