Old 05-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Gerry Reno

Default F9 and KVM

KVM is not usable under F9. I tried with 1 to 4 cpus and they all run
incredibly slow. Like 10 mins. between each step in the boot sequence.
Something is really wrong.

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 23:43 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> KVM is not usable under F9. I tried with 1 to 4 cpus and they all run
> incredibly slow. Like 10 mins. between each step in the boot sequence.
> Something is really wrong.

You should really stop making claims like "not usable in F9" when you
haven't gotten any conformation that anybody other than you are
experiencing these issues.

A) Are you sure the kvm module is loaded into your kernel?

B) Have you tried creating a new guest directly via lib-virt rather than
using a conversion tool?

C) Using a fresh virtual disk image for B

I and many other people have been using KVM with Fedora 9 for well the
entirety of the development cycle. It is extremely usable.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Gerry Reno

Jesse Keating wrote:

KVM is not usable under F9. I tried with 1 to 4 cpus and they all run
incredibly slow. Like 10 mins. between each step in the boot sequence.
Something is really wrong.

You should really stop making claims like "not usable in F9" when you
haven't gotten any conformation that anybody other than you are
experiencing these issues.

A) Are you sure the kvm module is loaded into your kernel?

B) Have you tried creating a new guest directly via lib-virt rather than
using a conversion tool?

C) Using a fresh virtual disk image for B

I and many other people have been using KVM with Fedora 9 for well the
entirety of the development cycle. It is extremely usable.

Point taken. I'll try creating some fresh images.

Regards,
Gerry