-   -   i386 packages missing from the F8 x86_64 repo (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/837-i386-packages-missing-f8-x86_64-repo.html)

Richard Dawe 11-19-2007 08:48 PM

i386 packages missing from the F8 x86_64 repo

Hello.

I did a "yum upgrade" from F7 to F8 on my x86_64 box. Some of the
dependencies appeared to be missing from the x86_64 release directory:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/

Specifically, I had to download these from the i386 release directory:

* dbus
* cyrus-sasl

Note that the x86_64 release directory includes i386 builds of
dbus-devel and cyrus-sasl-devel.

Some other packages are also affected by this problem (dirac), some
others not (dclib, distcache).

Thanks, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has
genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe