Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Jesse Keating

Default Fedora 9 Release Candidate being created

We are now creating the Fedora 9 Release Candidate. We think we've
fixed all the bugs we aim to for Fedora 9 and unless something terrible
happens during the compose it will become Fedora 9. Tomorrow's rawhide
will match the package set we're composing right now.

Rawhide will be stale for a few days while we smoke test the RC and
start syncing it to the mirrors. Then we'll pre-push some Fedora 9
updates that have been queued up and start putting Fedora 10 content in
rawhide.

Stay tuned for announcements as these events happen. Thanks for all the
help in making this release happen!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
David Timms

Jesse Keating wrote:

Rawhide will be stale for a few days while we smoke test the RC and
start syncing it to the mirrors. Then we'll pre-push some Fedora 9
You could set it all up so that if a program so much as mentions
backtrace, DEBUG, oops, unexpected, error or dump, it turns on the
attached USB smoke generator - so you can quickly point out which
machine is having a problem.

And i this get really bad there is always the napalm option to lay the
test lab to waste.

==
Presidential hopeful: "in my younger days we rolled some F9 RC's, but we
never inhaled..."

DaveT.