FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
"Dr. Diesel"
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
Gnome.

Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 PM
"Alan"
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

> Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
> often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
> the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
> Gnome.
>
> Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?

I have had this happen with Fedora 8 on my x86_64 machine. Nothing
recorded in the logs. I have not had the time to debug it.

What kind of motherboard, video card and processor? Maybe there is
something in common with my system.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Gerry Reno
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

Dr. Diesel wrote:

Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
Gnome.

Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?


Haven't had a freeze yet but I have seen a couple weird things with X.
Twice now my cursor just went to either the upper right corner or the
lower right corner. If you try to move it somewhere it just goes back
to the corner in a jerky motion. Very strange.


Regards,
Gerry

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Dave Airlie
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 17:55 -0400, Dr. Diesel wrote:
> Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
> often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
> the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
> Gnome.
>
> Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?

AMD 64-bit + ATI AGP card?

please open a bug and attach some lspci and /var/log/Xorg.0.log stuff as
my mind reading abilities suck this morning.


Dave.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
"Dr. Diesel"
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

Abit 35 Pro , Intel E8400 etc.

Attached is lscpi -vvv



On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Alan <alan@clueserver.org> wrote:
> > Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
> > often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
> > the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
> > Gnome.
> >
> > Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?
>
> I have had this happen with Fedora 8 on my x86_64 machine. Nothing
> recorded in the logs. I have not had the time to debug it.
>
> What kind of motherboard, video card and processor? Maybe there is
> something in common with my system.
>
> --
> fedora-devel-list mailing list
> fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
>



--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Dave Airlie
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 18:26 -0400, Dr. Diesel wrote:
> Abit 35 Pro , Intel E8400 etc.
>
> Attached is lscpi -vvv

Oh wierd an nvidia card... are you running the binary driver? or just
the normal nv one?

Dave.

>
>
>
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Alan <alan@clueserver.org> wrote:
> > > Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
> > > often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
> > > the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
> > > Gnome.
> > >
> > > Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?
> >
> > I have had this happen with Fedora 8 on my x86_64 machine. Nothing
> > recorded in the logs. I have not had the time to debug it.
> >
> > What kind of motherboard, video card and processor? Maybe there is
> > something in common with my system.
> >
> > --
> > fedora-devel-list mailing list
> > fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
> >
>
>
>
> --
> fedora-devel-list mailing list
> fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
"Pavel Shevchuk"
 
Default Anyone else with hard freezes?

[stalwart@delta ~]$ uptime
01:27:18 up 19 days, 1:06, 14 users, load average: 0.32, 0.29, 0.26
[stalwart@delta ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
[stalwart@delta ~]$ uname -a
Linux delta 2.6.25-0.218.rc8.git7.fc9.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 9 19:55:19
EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

19 days of web development, movies, music, web browsing, packaging,
patching, hacking and what not. System is rock stable.

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, driver - nouveau

On 5/7/08, Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 17:55 -0400, Dr. Diesel wrote:
> > Currently running Fedora 9 Release to date. Doesn't happen very
> > often, maybe once every 3-4 days. Twice I've caught it at idle with
> > the screen saver (picture viewer) frozen and twice while browsing in
> > Gnome.
> >
> > Not really noticing anything weird in the logs?
>
>
> AMD 64-bit + ATI AGP card?
>
> please open a bug and attach some lspci and /var/log/Xorg.0.log stuff as
> my mind reading abilities suck this morning.
>
>
>
> Dave.
>
>
> --
> fedora-devel-list mailing list
> fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
>


--
http://scwlab.com

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org