Old 05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Andrew Haley

Default APIC and Fedora 9 pre on AMD 64

Fedora 9pre i686 won't boot without noapic.

This is an ASUS M2N with AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+.
x86_64 kernel works without noapic; it's only the i686 that needs it.

So, does this sound familiar? BIOS bug, perhaps?

Andrew.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Jens Falsmar Oechsler

> From: fedora-devel-list-bounces@redhat.com
> [fedora-devel-list-bounces@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Haley
> [aph@redhat.com] Sent: 06 May 2008 18:08 To: Development discussions
> related to Fedora Subject: APIC and Fedora 9 pre on AMD 64
>
> Fedora 9pre i686 won't boot without noapic.
>
> This is an ASUS M2N with AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
> 4800+. x86_64 kernel works without noapic; it's only the i686 that
> needs it.
>
> So, does this sound familiar? BIOS bug, perhaps?
>
> Andrew.
>
> --

My ASUS M2NPV had APIC troubles as well. A BIOS update solved the
booting problems for me.