Old 05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Mike Chambers

Default Flash on rawhide

Installed rawhide this morning (err, very late last night and configured
it this morning), and it seems flash OR pulseaudio isn't working. I can
hear normal system sounds just fine. But if I go to a flash site, such
as http://espn.go.com and play the sportscenter video, it plays fine but
can't hear anything.

While that is going on, I called up the Menu/Sound & Video/PulseAudio
Volume Control menu and it shows no streaming. But you keep seeing a
flashed menu that keeps coming up, but it seems transparent? Probably
doesn't sound right but if someone would try it, maybe they will see the
same thing.

I will say before I did the install, that it had been working fine on a
So if there is something not installed that needs to be, I cant' think
of what it is. The flash-plugin came straight from adobe via yum.

Any ideas?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org

Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Bill Nottingham

Mike Chambers (mike@miketc.com) said:
> Installed rawhide this morning (err, very late last night and configured
> it this morning), and it seems flash OR pulseaudio isn't working. I can
> hear normal system sounds just fine. But if I go to a flash site, such
> as http://espn.go.com and play the sportscenter video, it plays fine but
> can't hear anything.
>
> While that is going on, I called up the Menu/Sound & Video/PulseAudio
> Volume Control menu and it shows no streaming. But you keep seeing a
> flashed menu that keeps coming up, but it seems transparent? Probably
> doesn't sound right but if someone would try it, maybe they will see the
> same thing.
>
> I will say before I did the install, that it had been working fine on a
> So if there is something not installed that needs to be, I cant' think
> of what it is. The flash-plugin came straight from adobe via yum.
>
> Any ideas?

You probably need libflashsupport.i386.

Bill