Old 05-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Gerry Reno

Default F9 nfs, rpcbind, NetworkManager

Mike Chambers wrote:

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 09:44 -0400, Will Woods wrote:

On May 5, 2008, at 7:16 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:

I finally got the priorities on NetworkManager to reset to 27 73.
So I reboot and I finally have nfs mounts and network at login. But
now the shutdown hangs. It throws you out to the black 'login:'
prompt screen and then it hangs there forever.

Does it? Hit Alt-F7 - the shutdown messages are on VT7.

I see the same thing. It hangs on "shutting down quotas" and you have
to hit the power button to get it to shut off or reboot. I believe in
another email and/or thread this problem was also brought up.

I just verified this looking at the shutdown messages in alt-f7. It
goes through the shutdown sequence just fine until it hits 'Turning off
quotas' and then it just hangs there. I left it for an hour and it was
still hung.

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Mike Chambers

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 12:50 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:

> I just verified this looking at the shutdown messages in alt-f7. It
> goes through the shutdown sequence just fine until it hits 'Turning off
> quotas' and then it just hangs there. I left it for an hour and it was
> still hung.

I'd had filed a bug, but truthfully, not sure what against. NM may have
something to do with it, but it could just be some type of network issue
at that point of shutdown, but don't know what.

Wondering why no one else has seen it, even developers of NM, during
testing or why they don't run into it, and we do?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org

Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Gerry Reno

Mike Chambers wrote:

I just verified this looking at the shutdown messages in alt-f7. It
goes through the shutdown sequence just fine until it hits 'Turning off
quotas' and then it just hangs there. I left it for an hour and it was
still hung.

I'd had filed a bug, but truthfully, not sure what against. NM may have
something to do with it, but it could just be some type of network issue
at that point of shutdown, but don't know what.

Wondering why no one else has seen it, even developers of NM, during
testing or why they don't run into it, and we do?

What I noticed when my nfs mounts would not work from rc.local was that
NM was set at S99 which means it started almost last. When I
resetpriorities on it so that it became S27 as shown in its init file
then the shutdown hang occurred.

Regards,
Gerry