Old 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Gerry Reno

Default F9 nfs, rpcbind, NetworkManager

On the machines I put all my nfs mounting into rc.local so that nfs
mounts are available at login. With F9 I notice that all the nfs mount
requests in rc.local die with 'mount.nfs: internal error'. When I look
at the log during the bootup sequence I see that rpcbind says that it
cannot access the machines IP. Right after that NetworkManager starts.
And shortly after that rc.local runs. Somehow this sequence is causing
problems for mounting nfs directories. Once I get logged in, I can run
the mount commands manually and they succeed but the same commands fail
from rc.local.

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Gerry Reno

Gerry Reno wrote:
On the machines I put all my nfs mounting into rc.local so that nfs
mounts are available at login. With F9 I notice that all the nfs
mount requests in rc.local die with 'mount.nfs: internal error'. When
I look at the log during the bootup sequence I see that rpcbind says
that it cannot access the machines IP. Right after that
NetworkManager starts. And shortly after that rc.local runs. Somehow
this sequence is causing problems for mounting nfs directories. Once
I get logged in, I can run the mount commands manually and they
succeed but the same commands fail from rc.local.

Regards,
Gerry

I found that the network is not being started until NetworkManager
runs. This is way late in the boot sequence. If I have the network
start normally by 'chkconfig network on' and reboot then I see the
network start early in the sequence with NetworkManager at the end of
the sequence and all the nfs mounts succeed but by the time I get logged
in there is no network connection (the little net icon at the top has an
X) and the mounts hang. How do I get the network started early enough
in the boot with this NetworkManager in the picture?

Regards,
Gerry

Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Bill Nottingham

Gerry Reno (greno@verizon.net) said:
> hang. How do I get the network started early enough in the boot with this
> NetworkManager in the picture?

for service in messagebus haldaemon NetworkManager ; do
chkconfig $service resetpriorities
done

Bill