Old 05-05-2008, 01:37 PM
David Timms

Default python packaging - /usr/bin accessibility

Pavel Shevchuk wrote:

1. the app has three main .py programs, and another 10 or so .py modules.
My installed rpm puts these in site-packages/appname which I understand the
guidelines to require. Problem is these are not accessible as a user because
they aren't on the path.
So it works if I
/usr/lib/python../site-packages/myapp/app1.py

Should I be messing with the path ?
Creating a shell script for each of the main programs, and dropping them in
/usr/bin ?

> Put a tiny wrapper in /usr/bin
>
> [stalwart@delta ~]$ cat /usr/bin/pyuic4
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exec /usr/bin/python
> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/pyuic.py ${1+"$@"}

How can I auto select the appropriate lib64/lib path ?
What does ${1+"$@"} mean ?
Is $1 first parameter passed ?

would pyuic4 --fred=bloggs -a -v freg.txt -o temp.file
then call ?
/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/pyuic.py --fred=bloggs -a
-v freg.txt -o temp.file

DaveT.