-   -   Recent update on Fedora 9 beta hosed my firefox plugins (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/82316-recent-update-fedora-9-beta-hosed-my-firefox-plugins.html)

"David Hunter" 05-05-2008 12:22 PM

Recent update on Fedora 9 beta hosed my firefox plugins

I think it was the installiation of mozilla-filesystem-1.9-2.fc9.i386 that caused it, how can i get them back?

ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

gives:

libflashplayer.so********************* libtotem-cone-plugin.so

libjavaplugin.so********************** libtotem-cone-plugin.xpt
librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so* libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
libswfdecmozilla.so******************* libtotem-gmp-plugin.xpt
libtotem-basic-plugin.so************** libtotem-mully-plugin.so

libtotem-basic-plugin.xpt************* libtotem-mully-plugin.xpt
libtotem-complex-plugin.so************ libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt*********** libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.xpt

However, the about:plugins gives:

No plugins are installed
Find more information about browser plugins at
mozilla.org.

Help for installing plugins is available from
plugindoc.mozdev.org.
firefox version firefox-3.0-0.60.beta5.fc9.i386
--
David Hunter

"Dr. Diesel" 05-05-2008 12:59 PM

2008/5/5 David Hunter <davehoz@gmail.com>:
> I think it was the installiation of mozilla-filesystem-1.9-2.fc9.i386 that
> caused it, how can i get them back?
>
> ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>
> gives:
>
> libflashplayer.so libtotem-cone-plugin.so
> libjavaplugin.so libtotem-cone-plugin.xpt
> librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
> libswfdecmozilla.so libtotem-gmp-plugin.xpt
> libtotem-basic-plugin.so libtotem-mully-plugin.so
> libtotem-basic-plugin.xpt libtotem-mully-plugin.xpt
> libtotem-complex-plugin.so libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
> libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.xpt
>
> However, the about:plugins gives:
>
> No plugins are installed
> Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.
> Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
> ________________________________

I'm fairly sure I've had complete lockups with the binary Adobe-Flash plugin.

--
projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org

David Timms 05-05-2008 01:44 PM

David Hunter wrote:

I think it was the installiation of mozilla-filesystem-1.9-2.fc9.i386 that
caused it, how can i get them back?

ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

gives:

libflashplayer.so libtotem-cone-plugin.so
libjavaplugin.so libtotem-cone-plugin.xpt
librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
libswfdecmozilla.so libtotem-gmp-plugin.xpt
libtotem-basic-plugin.so libtotem-mully-plugin.so
libtotem-basic-plugin.xpt libtotem-mully-plugin.xpt
libtotem-complex-plugin.so libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.xpt

With xool ruling the mozilla nest, perhaps:
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9pre/plugins is the go now ?