Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Brian Pepple

Default FESCo Nominations

Hi all,

It's that time of year again. Everyone that wants to run for the next
FESCo needs to nominate him/herself for it by June 1st, 2008 0:00 UTC;
that self-nomination should contain some information's like "Mission
Statement, Past work summary and Future plans".

Please place your nomination on this page in the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

The actual election will start on Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 0:01 UTC and
will last until Monday, June 9th, 2008 23:59 UTC. The results will be
posted to the fedora-devel list. The first meeting of the "new" FESCo
will be on Thursday, June 12th, 2008 on #fedora-meeting at 17:00 UTC,
and a new chair will be elected.

For more information regarding the election, please refer to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

Thanks,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 05-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Josh Boyer

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 11:15 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's that time of year again. Everyone that wants to run for the next
> FESCo needs to nominate him/herself for it by June 1st, 2008 0:00 UTC;
> that self-nomination should contain some information's like "Mission
> Statement, Past work summary and Future plans".
>
> Please place your nomination on this page in the wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations
>
> The actual election will start on Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 0:01 UTC and
> will last until Monday, June 9th, 2008 23:59 UTC. The results will be
> posted to the fedora-devel list. The first meeting of the "new" FESCo
> will be on Thursday, June 12th, 2008 on #fedora-meeting at 17:00 UTC,
> and a new chair will be elected.
>
> For more information regarding the election, please refer to:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

It should be noted that this is the first FESCo election that reduces
the overall number of FESCo members to 9, down from 13. That's
important, as the smaller number of members will hopefully produce a bit
more competition for seats.

So if you're interested in representing a particular group or subject
matter as a FESCo member (packager, developer, Docs, etc) it would be a
good idea to put that in your nomination page.

Echoing Paul in the Board elections, it's very important we get a great
turnout of both nominees and _voters_ in order to make the elections
successful. We look forward to your participation.

josh

Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 13:16:18 -0500,
Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Echoing Paul in the Board elections, it's very important we get a great
> turnout of both nominees and _voters_ in order to make the elections
> successful. We look forward to your participation.

Is a CLA going to be enough to allow one to vote?

Old 05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Brian Pepple

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 17:46 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 13:16:18 -0500,
> Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Echoing Paul in the Board elections, it's very important we get a great
> > turnout of both nominees and _voters_ in order to make the elections
> > successful. We look forward to your participation.
>
> Is a CLA going to be enough to allow one to vote?

No, to be eligible to vote you must be a member of a fedora account
group other than cla_done or cla_fedora.

btw, this and other information in regard to the election can be found:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

Later,

Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 19:06:40 -0400,
Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 17:46 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >
> > Is a CLA going to be enough to allow one to vote?
>
> No, to be eligible to vote you must be a member of a fedora account
> group other than cla_done or cla_fedora.
>
> btw, this and other information in regard to the election can be found:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

Thanks. That leaves me out of this vote, but hopefully by the time of the
next one I'll be maintaining a package or two,

Old 05-07-2008, 02:43 AM
John Poelstra

Is a CLA going to be enough to allow one to vote?

No, to be eligible to vote you must be a member of a fedora account
group other than cla_done or cla_fedora.

btw, this and other information in regard to the election can be found:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

Thanks. That leaves me out of this vote, but hopefully by the time of the
next one I'll be maintaining a package or two,

Does the FedoraBugs group count? The BugZappers are always looking for
more help

John

Old 05-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Brian Pepple

Hi,

This is a reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming FESCo
election is currently underway, and lasts until June 1st, 2008 0:00 UTC.
If you wish to run for FESCo, please place your nomination on this page

Old 05-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Jens Petersen

This is a reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming FESCo
election is currently underway, and lasts until June 1st, 2008 0:00 UTC.

Thanks for the announcement.

Are there any possibilities of rotating the FESCo meeting time?
The current time is rather late for people in Asia-Pacific timezones.
Perhaps if someone from this region got elected?

Jens

Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Josh Boyer

On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:10:55 +1000
Jens Petersen <petersen@redhat.com> wrote:

> > This is a reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming FESCo
> > election is currently underway, and lasts until June 1st, 2008 0:00 UTC.
>
> Thanks for the announcement.
>
> Are there any possibilities of rotating the FESCo meeting time?
> The current time is rather late for people in Asia-Pacific timezones.
> Perhaps if someone from this region got elected?

Sure, the new FESCo can address that if needed.

josh

Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Brian Pepple

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 13:10 +1000, Jens Petersen wrote:
> > This is a reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming FESCo
> > election is currently underway, and lasts until June 1st, 2008 0:00 UTC.
>
> Thanks for the announcement.
>
> Are there any possibilities of rotating the FESCo meeting time?
> The current time is rather late for people in Asia-Pacific timezones.
> Perhaps if someone from this region got elected?

Yeah, some of the first items the newly elected FESCo will decide will
be the meeting time they want to use, and electing a new chair.