FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default bodhi questions

1) Does the nvr input box work for anyone? It used to work long ago, but
here no longer finds any builds. I had to cut'n'paste a build tag into it.

2) Bug numbers: bodhi says it accepts CVE aliases. Hence I entered
CVE-2007-6061 which is an alias for bug 393251. It didn't reject it,
but later on no bug number appeared in my request. If I had known that,
I would have entered the bug number and not the alias.

Instead, and possibly 3), I got internal server error 500 for two
consecutive update requests, although they made it into the system.

4) Security updates: it confuses me a lot that I can choose to push
to stable, but the request is modified to push to "testing" instead.
Apparently, because approval from the security team is needed.
The request then reads "Requested: testing" without any indication
that "stable" was requested.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.83 1.66 1.43

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Tanguy Eric
 
Default bodhi questions

Michael Schwendt a écrit :

1) Does the nvr input box work for anyone? It used to work long ago, but
here no longer finds any builds. I had to cut'n'paste a build tag into it.



Same here since few weeks.


2) Bug numbers: bodhi says it accepts CVE aliases. Hence I entered
CVE-2007-6061 which is an alias for bug 393251. It didn't reject it,
but later on no bug number appeared in my request. If I had known that,
I would have entered the bug number and not the alias.

Instead, and possibly 3), I got internal server error 500 for two
consecutive update requests, although they made it into the system.

4) Security updates: it confuses me a lot that I can choose to push
to stable, but the request is modified to push to "testing" instead.
Apparently, because approval from the security team is needed.
The request then reads "Requested: testing" without any indication
that "stable" was requested.



Eric

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Luke Macken
 
Default bodhi questions

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:52:27AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> 1) Does the nvr input box work for anyone? It used to work long ago, but
> here no longer finds any builds. I had to cut'n'paste a build tag into it.

Yep, known issue[0]. We hit a regression with the AutoCompleteField
widget with TurboGears-1.0.4.4, which has since been fixed upstream.

> 2) Bug numbers: bodhi says it accepts CVE aliases. Hence I entered
> CVE-2007-6061 which is an alias for bug 393251. It didn't reject it,
> but later on no bug number appeared in my request. If I had known that,
> I would have entered the bug number and not the alias.
>
> Instead, and possibly 3), I got internal server error 500 for two
> consecutive update requests, although they made it into the system.

Yeah, sounds like bugs with regard to handling bug aliases[1]. This stuff
should be fixed in my git repo.

> 4) Security updates: it confuses me a lot that I can choose to push
> to stable, but the request is modified to push to "testing" instead.
> Apparently, because approval from the security team is needed.
> The request then reads "Requested: testing" without any indication
> that "stable" was requested.

I agree that this behavior is confusing, and will most likely change soon.

I'm hoping to have all of the above, and more[2], fixed and deployed by F9.

Thanks,

luke

[0]: https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/119
[1]: https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/172
[2]: https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&m ilestone=Fedora+9+Release

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Luke Macken
 
Default bodhi questions

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 12:39:14PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:52:27AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > 1) Does the nvr input box work for anyone? It used to work long ago, but
> > here no longer finds any builds. I had to cut'n'paste a build tag into it.
>
> Yep, known issue[0]. We hit a regression with the AutoCompleteField
> widget with TurboGears-1.0.4.4, which has since been fixed upstream.

I fixed the package auto-completion widget, and pushed the fix to
production. Let me know if you have any problems with it!

Cheers,

luke

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default bodhi questions

On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:55:02 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:

> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 12:39:14PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> > On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:52:27AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > 1) Does the nvr input box work for anyone? It used to work long ago, but
> > > here no longer finds any builds. I had to cut'n'paste a build tag into it.
> >
> > Yep, known issue[0]. We hit a regression with the AutoCompleteField
> > widget with TurboGears-1.0.4.4, which has since been fixed upstream.
>
> I fixed the package auto-completion widget, and pushed the fix to
> production. Let me know if you have any problems with it!

Thanks! It works again, albeit requires slow and careful typing, as else
it would attempt completion at odd times.

Sorting the results (by name and by RPM evr) would be a great
feature addition.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.07 1.15 1.17

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Luke Macken
 
Default bodhi questions

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 11:23:18AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:55:02 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 12:39:14PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> > > On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:52:27AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > > 1) Does the nvr input box work for anyone? It used to work long ago, but
> > > > here no longer finds any builds. I had to cut'n'paste a build tag into it.
> > >
> > > Yep, known issue[0]. We hit a regression with the AutoCompleteField
> > > widget with TurboGears-1.0.4.4, which has since been fixed upstream.
> >
> > I fixed the package auto-completion widget, and pushed the fix to
> > production. Let me know if you have any problems with it!
>
> Thanks! It works again, albeit requires slow and careful typing, as else
> it would attempt completion at odd times.
>
> Sorting the results (by name and by RPM evr) would be a great
> feature addition.

I agree. It's on my "bodhi usability enhancements that I would like to
implement before F9" list.

https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/173

luke

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org