Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Sven Lankes

Default Wiki page - HowToGetSponsored

Hello,

I'm slowly working my way through the available documentation around
becoming a fedora packager.

The wiki-Page https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored
has a couple of things which aren't clear to me. I'll happily fix the wiki page
with useful advise posted here.

> Note that sponsorship is not automatic and requires that you find a
> willing sponsor.

It is not clear to me if it's sufficient to post one or more package
review requests blocking FE-NEEDSPONSOR or if I have to hunt down
possible sponsors to actually look at my requests.

Is it common for sponsors to browse bugzilla for fresh FE-NEEDSPONSOR
tickets?

> Note also that you should not submit your sponsorship request to the
> account system until after you have been given the go-ahead from a
> sponsor

I'm rather lost here. What is a sponsorship request and where do I
submit it in the account system?

> (List of Sponsors) -
> The list of sponsors is only visible to
> contributors with a Fedora Account.

(List of Sponsors) links to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/dump-group.cgi?group=cvsextras&role_type=sponsor&format =html
which results in an "Internal Server Error".

Looking around I found
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/cvsextras to be the
closest replacement for the above link - but it doesn't allow allow to
only list sponsors - is there some url-magic I'm missing that will
filter the list to only show sponsors?

--
sven === jabber/xmpp: sven@lankes.net

Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 PM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

FE-NEEDSPONSOR worked for me =)

http://scwlab.com

Old 05-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Sven Lankes wrote:

(List of Sponsors) -
The list of sponsors is only visible to
contributors with a Fedora Account.

(List of Sponsors) links to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/dump-group.cgi?group=cvsextras&role_type=sponsor&format =html
which results in an "Internal Server Error".

Looking around I found
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/cvsextras to be the
closest replacement for the above link - but it doesn't allow allow to
only list sponsors - is there some url-magic I'm missing that will
filter the list to only show sponsors?

We've recently switched to a new and improved account system. It looks
like this particular magic got lost. I think that for this use, we
should be pointing people at the new page
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/cvsextras but add an
option to filter by role_type.

The other option at the moment is to download the file from this location:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/dump?groupname=cvsextras

and grep for sponsor

I'll open a ticket against FAS (Fedora Account System) to decide where
to provide such a filter.

If you could add some of this information to the wiki that would be
appreciated.

-Toshio