-   -   autofs no longer in default install (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/80952-autofs-no-longer-default-install.html)

Jason L Tibbitts III 05-02-2008 10:42 PM

autofs no longer in default install

JS> Man i really wish we had a collection of pre-cooked kickstart
JS> files aimed at specific use case.

Don't we have a public cobbler server providing this functionality?
Or was that something folks were just talking about?

- J<

Thomas M Steenholdt 05-03-2008 12:39 AM

autofs no longer in default install

Roland McGrath wrote:

Is it in the release notes? It can be listed under "gratuitous major
aggravations". I guess there isn't a way without a million extra clicks to
ask for it at install time. Another five magic commands to type after
every new install before anything works right. Joy oh joy.

The thing is, that what is great for one may be bad for the other.

Removing autofs from the default install means one less thing to kill
after each install.

Yet other changes may make my life more difficult and yours easier.

I guess that how it always will be. Luckily it's not too hard to
customize install if you need lots and lots of machines.

/Thomas

Thomas M Steenholdt 05-03-2008 12:43 AM