FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis
 
Default New Sponsor Request: Denis Leroy

On 04.05.2008 00:23, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 16:55 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
>> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:
>>> Which administrators are you talking about?
>> The following people would not receive mail sent to
>> cvsextras-sponsors@fedoraproject.org:
>> bpepple,bdpepple@gmail.com,Brian Pepple,administrator,7
>> gdk,gdk@redhat.com,Greg DeKoenigsberg,administrator,0
>> skvidal,skvidal@linux.duke.edu,Seth Vidal,administrator,3
>> sopwith,sopwith+fedora@gmail.com,Elliot Lee,administrator,21
>> spot,tcallawa@redhat.com,Tom Callaway,administrator,38
>> thl,fedora@leemhuis.info,Thorsten Leemhuis,administrator,6
>> wtogami,wtogami@redhat.com,Warren Togami *上勇,administrator,55
> [...]
>> Are you wishing to exclude these people from the process? I think not.....
> Well, Greg and Elliot seem to have bowed out of the packaging
> perspective a while ago. The rest, with the exception of Thorsten,

And skvidal afaics

> are in FESCo and would review and discuss eventually anyway.
>
> I don't really care either way, but it seems that you're making a bit of
> a deal over nothing .

In case somebody cares: I received the mail Brian recently sent to
cvsextras-sponsors.

BTW, if somebody want's to downgrade me to a normal sponsor feel free to
do so. There is afaics no reason for me to be admin in cvsextras anymore.

In fact I didn't even sponsor anyone for a long time and didn't do much
reviews(¹) or other work in Fedora. Thus maybe I should even be
downgraded to a normal contributor. But a good bunch of other sponsors
from the early Fedora-days seem mostly inactive as well. Thus a general
cleanup in that group (²) might be wise -- but on the other hand it
likely doesn't matter much in the end so might not be worth the trouble.

Cu
knurd

(¹) -- and the last one I tried was stolen by somebody else ;-) (no, I'm
not complaining -- it was no problem and the packages was fine)

(²) -- and in cvsextras itself as well -- there are likely a lot of
contributors in that group that left or are AWOL

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Till Maas
 
Default New Sponsor Request: Denis Leroy

On Sun May 4 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> from the early Fedora-days seem mostly inactive as well. Thus a general
> cleanup in that group () might be wise -- but on the other hand it
> likely doesn't matter much in the end so might not be worth the trouble.

> () -- and in cvsextras itself as well -- there are likely a lot of
> contributors in that group that left or are AWOL


Iirc everybody had to change his password to keep his account alive after the
transition to FAS2, therefore the cvsextras group should not contain many
inactive maintainers.

Regards,
Till
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Ralf Corsepius
 
Default New Sponsor Request: Denis Leroy

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 16:55 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > Which administrators are you talking about?
>
> The following people would not receive mail sent to
> cvsextras-sponsors@fedoraproject.org:
>
> bpepple,bdpepple@gmail.com,Brian Pepple,administrator,7
> gdk,gdk@redhat.com,Greg DeKoenigsberg,administrator,0
> skvidal,skvidal@linux.duke.edu,Seth Vidal,administrator,3
> sopwith,sopwith+fedora@gmail.com,Elliot Lee,administrator,21
> spot,tcallawa@redhat.com,Tom Callaway,administrator,38
> thl,fedora@leemhuis.info,Thorsten Leemhuis,administrator,6
> wtogami,wtogami@redhat.com,Warren Togami *上勇,administrator,55
>
> Are you wishing to exclude these people from the process? I think not.....
It they are sponsors, they should be subscribed - period.

If not, they should not be.

Ralf



--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis
 
Default New Sponsor Request: Denis Leroy

On 04.05.2008 12:46, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 16:55 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
>> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Which administrators are you talking about?
>> The following people would not receive mail sent to
>> cvsextras-sponsors@fedoraproject.org:
>>
>> bpepple,bdpepple@gmail.com,Brian Pepple,administrator,7
>> gdk,gdk@redhat.com,Greg DeKoenigsberg,administrator,0
>> skvidal,skvidal@linux.duke.edu,Seth Vidal,administrator,3
>> sopwith,sopwith+fedora@gmail.com,Elliot Lee,administrator,21
>> spot,tcallawa@redhat.com,Tom Callaway,administrator,38
>> thl,fedora@leemhuis.info,Thorsten Leemhuis,administrator,6
>> wtogami,wtogami@redhat.com,Warren Togami *上勇,administrator,55
>>
>> Are you wishing to exclude these people from the process? I think not.....
> It they are sponsors, they should be subscribed - period.

Just a note, it's no real list IIRC -- it's just a alias (at least it
was in the old FAS days; not sure if that changed with FAS2; maybe
someone else knows?). That IIRC creates trouble for some people with
advanced spam filter techniques.

> If not, they should not be.

As I mentioned already, I got the mail and thus I suspect other admins
got it as well.

CU
knurd

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Ralf Corsepius
 
Default New Sponsor Request: Denis Leroy

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 14:02 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 04.05.2008 12:46, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 16:55 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> >> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@freenet.de> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Which administrators are you talking about?
> >> The following people would not receive mail sent to
> >> cvsextras-sponsors@fedoraproject.org:
> >>
> >> bpepple,bdpepple@gmail.com,Brian Pepple,administrator,7
> >> gdk,gdk@redhat.com,Greg DeKoenigsberg,administrator,0
> >> skvidal,skvidal@linux.duke.edu,Seth Vidal,administrator,3
> >> sopwith,sopwith+fedora@gmail.com,Elliot Lee,administrator,21
> >> spot,tcallawa@redhat.com,Tom Callaway,administrator,38
> >> thl,fedora@leemhuis.info,Thorsten Leemhuis,administrator,6
> >> wtogami,wtogami@redhat.com,Warren Togami *上勇,administrator,55
> >>
> >> Are you wishing to exclude these people from the process? I think not.....
> > It they are sponsors, they should be subscribed - period.
>
> Just a note, it's no real list
An irrelevant implementation detail to users (sponsors).

> > If not, they should not be.
>
> As I mentioned already, I got the mail and thus I suspect other admins
> got it as well.
The point behind such list is to reach a competent and qualified group
to evaluate candidates + to keep related discussions confident.

I would take anybody lurking on this list who does not belong to this
group (rsp. public archives of such discussion) as a severe breach of
confidence on whoever administers this stuff's part.

Ralf




--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 05-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis
 
Default New Sponsor Request: Denis Leroy

On 04.05.2008 10:24, Till Maas wrote:
> On Sun May 4 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> from the early Fedora-days seem mostly inactive as well. Thus a general
>> cleanup in that group () might be wise -- but on the other hand it
>> likely doesn't matter much in the end so might not be worth the trouble.
>> () -- and in cvsextras itself as well -- there are likely a lot of
>> contributors in that group that left or are AWOL
>
> Iirc everybody had to change his password to keep his account alive after the
> transition to FAS2,

Ohh, yeah, forgot about that. But that doesn't matter much afaics, as
users or an attacker could just reactive the account by reseting the
password -- at least that how I read the footnote in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-March/msg00772.html

> therefore the cvsextras group should not contain many
> inactive maintainers.

Well, it afaics does, as
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/dump/cvsextras
for example still includes Jose Pedro Oliveira -- hasn't he left long ago?

Anyway: I don't care much; just tried to be helpful with my mail (which
was about a totally different topic). It's up to FESCo to decide what to
do with people that left with or without notice.

Cu
knurd

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org