Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 AM
"SL Baur"

Default Greetings and how do I sign up?

Greetings everyone. In past lifetimes I was maintainer of
XEmacs and an employee at Turbolinux.

I would like to see RPMs made of QtAda and the Icon Language
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/icon/status.htm

I maintained Icon RPMs at Turbolinux, but I don't think they
ever made it to the world. The world still needs Icon so I want
to bring them back.

Is there someone working on QtAda or Icon? I'd like to build
RPMs for those packages.

-sb

Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:56:10PM -0700, SL Baur wrote:
> Greetings everyone. In past lifetimes I was maintainer of
> XEmacs and an employee at Turbolinux.
>
> I would like to see RPMs made of QtAda and the Icon Language
> http://www.cs.arizona.edu/icon/status.htm
>
> I maintained Icon RPMs at Turbolinux, but I don't think they
> ever made it to the world. The world still needs Icon so I want
> to bring them back.

You should look at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

> Is there someone working on QtAda or Icon? I'd like to build
> RPMs for those packages.

Search http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ to find out if the package is
waiting for review. If not, go ahead and make it following the
process here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/NewPackageProcess

Question to everyone: Does Fedora have a Request-for-packaging process
like Debian? [http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/requested]. This
process is good for people who want a package but don't necessarily
have the skills or time to become a Fedora maintainer.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 AM
pingou

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/NewPackageProcess

Question to everyone: Does Fedora have a Request-for-packaging process
like Debian? [http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/requested]. This
process is good for people who want a package but don't necessarily
have the skills or time to become a Fedora maintainer.

I know that list
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList

But it probably needs a FA to add something in it..

Regards,

Pierre

Old 04-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Dan Horák

> Question to everyone: Does Fedora have a Request-for-packaging process
> like Debian? [http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/requested]. This
> process is good for people who want a package but don't necessarily
> have the skills or time to become a Fedora maintainer.

Are you looking for
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WishList ?

Dan

Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:56:10PM -0700, SL Baur wrote:

> Is there someone working on QtAda or Icon? I'd like to build
> RPMs for those packages.

I adapted a PLD linux spec, it can be found here:
http://www.environnement.ens.fr/perso/dumas/fc-srpms/icon-9.4.3-1.fc9.src.rpm

it still needs some work.

--
Pat