Old 04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Default More than one ssh key in FAS

It's kind of annoying that the Fedora Accounts System only supports
one ssh key. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has several keys (one
for my desktop, several amongst the different laptops I use).

And why does FAS seem to log me out after about 30 seconds? (OK, I
exaggerate, but the timeout can't be longer than about 5 minutes).
There doesn't seem to be any configurable to make it keep me logged in
for a reasonable length of time.

Sorry, I'm moaning, I know, and I should just submit patches....

Rich.

virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

Old 04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:

> It's kind of annoying that the Fedora Accounts System only supports
> one ssh key. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has several keys (one
> for my desktop, several amongst the different laptops I use).

I have multiple keys. I just have one that I use only for FAS, and
then keep them in sync with my various systems.

> And why does FAS seem to log me out after about 30 seconds? (OK, I
> exaggerate, but the timeout can't be longer than about 5 minutes).
> There doesn't seem to be any configurable to make it keep me logged in
> for a reasonable length of time.

if user == "rjones@redhat.com":
timeout=30
else
timeout=3600

Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Christopher Aillon

It's kind of annoying that the Fedora Accounts System only supports
one ssh key. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has several keys (one
for my desktop, several amongst the different laptops I use).

And why does FAS seem to log me out after about 30 seconds? (OK, I
exaggerate, but the timeout can't be longer than about 5 minutes).
There doesn't seem to be any configurable to make it keep me logged in
for a reasonable length of time.

Sorry, I'm moaning, I know, and I should just submit patches....

The system supports multiple ssh keys, just only one file. cat them
into one before uploading. I've been using 3 keys for years with Fedora.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Thomas M Steenholdt

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

It's kind of annoying that the Fedora Accounts System only supports
one ssh key. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has several keys (one
for my desktop, several amongst the different laptops I use).

And why does FAS seem to log me out after about 30 seconds? (OK, I
exaggerate, but the timeout can't be longer than about 5 minutes).
There doesn't seem to be any configurable to make it keep me logged in
for a reasonable length of time.

Sorry, I'm moaning, I know, and I should just submit patches....

Rich.

Regarding the timeout, try this (see man 5 ssh_config)

ServerAliveInterval = 15
ServerAliveCountMax = 3

I'm not sure about FAS, but from other usages, if should effectively
disable the idle timeout, since the ssh client will send <activity> to
the server every 15 seconds. The session will be terminated only if 3 of
these in a row are not responed to (line is down or something).

Hope this helps.

/Thomas

Old 04-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> It's kind of annoying that the Fedora Accounts System only supports
> one ssh key. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has several keys (one
> for my desktop, several amongst the different laptops I use).

(as said elsewhere in the thread) you can put multiple keys in one file.
If you're finding it doesn't work or behave right, stop by #fedora-admin
and let us know.

> And why does FAS seem to log me out after about 30 seconds? (OK, I
> exaggerate, but the timeout can't be longer than about 5 minutes).
> There doesn't seem to be any configurable to make it keep me logged in
> for a reasonable length of time.

Actually this ones a known issue and (we think) something recent. It's
being looked into though. Expect it to be fixed soon (or shortly after F9
ships, we have an infrastructure freeze coming up)

-Mike

Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

And why does FAS seem to log me out after about 30 seconds? (OK, I
exaggerate, but the timeout can't be longer than about 5 minutes).
There doesn't seem to be any configurable to make it keep me logged in
for a reasonable length of time.

> Sorry, I'm moaning, I know, and I should just submit patches....

I'd love some help looking into this. The timeout is currently set to
20 minutes of inactivity but I've heard reports that something much
shorter is occurring some of the time. We just haven't been able to
track it down yet. There's several pieces of code that could be at
fault. The two that we created are jsonfasprovider_ and
safasprovider_. safasprovider_ is used by fas2 to authenticate you for
the Account System. jsonfasprovider_ is used by all the other apps to
authenticate you via fas. If the problem isn't in either of those then
the issue is in TurboGears code itself.

.. _jsonfasprovider: http://tinyurl.com/3lonub,
.. _safasprovider: http://tinyurl.com/6npauz

-Toshio