Old 04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Alain PORTAL

Default Orphaning package

Hi,

As I get too many conflicts, first with the french translation team six month
ago, second with some Redhat people, today, with a big head (as several
people in the french translation team), I make the decision to definitevely
leave the Fedora Extras Team.
So, as I merged some useful software in Fedora, I hope somebody would continue
on them.
Most of them are electronics relative.

- fcron [1]
- gputils
- gpsim
- gtk+extras
- kicad
- kbackup
- pikdev
- piklab
- pikloops
- utrac
- tetex-euro-font

Hope I don't miss somebody.
I'll delete also in a few days my man-pages-fr repository, as the Redhat
packager never consider me again.
And as we say in the french navy: « Bon vent, bonne mer »

No more regards than you give me.
Alain

[1] fcron is a better tool than cron and anacron
--
Les pages de manuel Linux en français
http://manpagesfr.free.fr/

Old 04-26-2008, 08:50 AM
"Trond Danielsen"

2008/4/26 Alain PORTAL <alain.portal@free.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> As I get too many conflicts, first with the french translation team six month
> ago, second with some Redhat people, today, with a big head (as several
> people in the french translation team), I make the decision to definitevely
> leave the Fedora Extras Team.
>
> [...]
> - gputils
> - gpsim
> [...]

Although I do not use PIC-controllers myself, I am willing to take on
these two packages unless anyone who use them frequently are willing
to step up.

--
Trond Danielsen

Old 04-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:11:33 +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I get too many conflicts, first with the french translation team six month
> ago, second with some Redhat people, today, with a big head (as several
> people in the french translation team), I make the decision to definitevely
> leave the Fedora Extras Team.

Alain, can't these issues with people be fixed instead?

In the past, somebody from the old FESCO would have looked into it and
would have tried to talk to you and the people you have problems with.
Nowadays, there should also be somebody in the Fedora community or in
Fedora leadership with interest in keeping people happy and
cooperative. Have you discussed your problems elsewhere before?

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.21 1.16 0.81

Old 04-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Hans de Goede

Michael Schwendt wrote:

As I get too many conflicts, first with the french translation team six month
ago, second with some Redhat people, today, with a big head (as several
people in the french translation team), I make the decision to definitevely
leave the Fedora Extras Team.

Alain, can't these issues with people be fixed instead?

In the past, somebody from the old FESCO would have looked into it and
would have tried to talk to you and the people you have problems with.
Nowadays, there should also be somebody in the Fedora community or in
Fedora leadership with interest in keeping people happy and
cooperative. Have you discussed your problems elsewhere before?

+1

If people are unhappy for whatever reason we really should try to fix that
instead of havingn people leave our community.

Regards,

Hans

Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis

On 26.04.2008 11:02, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> In the past, somebody from the old FESCO would have looked into it and
> would have tried to talk to you and the people you have problems with.
> Nowadays, there should also be somebody in the Fedora community or in
> Fedora leadership with interest in keeping people happy and
> cooperative.

Why can't FESCo handle that instead of discussing Fetures over and over?
That how it afaics was supposed to be, as everyone wanted to keep FESCo
when the merge happened because most people back then liked the work
FESCO did (it IMHO could have been a lot better, but that's a different
issue).

Cu
knurd

Old 04-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:11:33AM +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I get too many conflicts, first with the french translation team six month
> ago, second with some Redhat people, today, with a big head (as several
> people in the french translation team), I make the decision to definitevely
> leave the Fedora Extras Team.

That's sad. I also want to leave sporadically when something pisses me off
in fedora, but sofar I'm still here... As other said, couldn't this be
solved by somebody from FESCo or the like (if I remember well FESCo also
takes care of translation teams).

> - fcron [1]

I can take this one. I thought I was already in the package databese,
but it seems not, so I did it. But I'd prefer to be co-maintainer.

Also it should ceretainly be considered as a replacement for
cronie+anacron, if I remember I will try to push it oncec again for F10.

> - tetex-euro-font

I don't remember precisely, but isn't this in texlive?

--
Pat

Old 04-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Josh Boyer

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 11:42 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 26.04.2008 11:02, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > In the past, somebody from the old FESCO would have looked into it and
> > would have tried to talk to you and the people you have problems with.
> > Nowadays, there should also be somebody in the Fedora community or in
> > Fedora leadership with interest in keeping people happy and
> > cooperative.
>
> Why can't FESCo handle that instead of discussing Fetures over and over?
> That how it afaics was supposed to be, as everyone wanted to keep FESCo
> when the merge happened because most people back then liked the work
> FESCO did (it IMHO could have been a lot better, but that's a different
> issue).

FESCo can't help if it doesn't know there is a problem. This is the
first time I've heard of these issues.

josh

Old 04-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Josh Boyer

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 00:11 +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I get too many conflicts, first with the french translation team six month
> ago, second with some Redhat people, today, with a big head (as several
> people in the french translation team), I make the decision to definitevely
> leave the Fedora Extras Team.
> So, as I merged some useful software in Fedora, I hope somebody would continue
> on them.
> Most of them are electronics relative.

Can you email the issues you're having to
fedora-extras-steering@redhat.com please? Perhaps we can look them over
and find an amicable way to solve them for everyone involved.

josh

Old 04-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:48:18 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 11:42 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > On 26.04.2008 11:02, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > >
> > > In the past, somebody from the old FESCO would have looked into it and
> > > would have tried to talk to you and the people you have problems with.
> > > Nowadays, there should also be somebody in the Fedora community or in
> > > Fedora leadership with interest in keeping people happy and
> > > cooperative.
> >
> > Why can't FESCo handle that instead of discussing Fetures over and over?
> > That how it afaics was supposed to be, as everyone wanted to keep FESCo
> > when the merge happened because most people back then liked the work
> > FESCO did (it IMHO could have been a lot better, but that's a different
> > issue).
>
> FESCo can't help if it doesn't know there is a problem. This is the
> first time I've heard of these issues.

That's why I asked _two_ questions. Deleted by Thorsten in the quote,
however.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.16 1.17 1.07

Old 04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Brian Pepple

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 11:42 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 26.04.2008 11:02, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > In the past, somebody from the old FESCO would have looked into it and
> > would have tried to talk to you and the people you have problems with.
> > Nowadays, there should also be somebody in the Fedora community or in
> > Fedora leadership with interest in keeping people happy and
> > cooperative.
>
> Why can't FESCo handle that instead of discussing Fetures over and over?
> That how it afaics was supposed to be, as everyone wanted to keep FESCo
> when the merge happened because most people back then liked the work
> FESCO did (it IMHO could have been a lot better, but that's a different
> issue).

FESCo does handle these disputes (like we have in the past), when we are
actually made aware that there is a problem. As far as I'm aware no one
in FESCo was ever contacted.

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E