Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
"Peter Lemenkov"

Default Garbled fonts after upgrading to F-9 (continue)

Hello All!
I discovered that this nasty issue with fonts isn't a Firefox-only.
See my screenshot with Psi:

http://peter.fedorapeople.org/bad_fonts_psi.png (Note ~1.5 Mbyte size)

Looks like something broken in X with font rendering.

My machine is powerpc-based:

http://www.smolts.org/client/show?uuid=pub_1b7e5d26-dbec-461f-af16-716b52ad2281

Right now I think that was very hasty decision - to update my primary
home machine to F-9. There many other issues, I discovered recently -
mplayer can't disable screensaver, wpa_supplicant still starts later
than network, weird dependencies (bluez-utils depends on samba-common)
etc.

--
With best regards!

Old 04-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Kevin Kofler

Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov <at> gmail.com> writes:
> See my screenshot with Psi:

That's a Qt 4 app, so Pango and anything above are unlikely to be at fault.
Maybe freetype? Or maybe the "HarfBuzz" code which is shared by Pango and Qt 4
these days? (Is it? I'm not sure what the state of HarfBuzz in Pango is, I only
know Qt 4 uses it.)

Kevin Kofler