Old 04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Default deltarpms

hi,

I only want to ask: will Fedora 9 bring deltarpm goodness to us?

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
"Dr. Diesel"

This idea was pure Genius!

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
<jakub.rusinek@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I only want to ask: will Fedora 9 bring deltarpm goodness to us?
>
> --
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
> http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

projecthuh.com
All of my bits are free, are yours? Fedoraproject.org

Old 04-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Dan Horák

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek p*še v Čt 24. 04. 2008 v 16:45 +0200:
> hi,
>
> I only want to ask: will Fedora 9 bring deltarpm goodness to us?

Not as a official Fedora Feature, it should still work with 3rd party
generated deltas.

Dan

Old 04-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Jonathan Dieter

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:45 +0200, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> I only want to ask: will Fedora 9 bring deltarpm goodness to us?

Not officially. I am currently generating deltarpms for Rawhide at
http://lesloueizeh.com/devel/i386/development (i386 only), and I will
fork off F9 when the final release happens.

We still need build system integration before it happens in the official
repositories.

Jonathan

Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Rex Dieter

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:

> I only want to ask: will Fedora 9 bring deltarpm goodness to us?

Feature wasn't ready, yet:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto

-- Rex

Old 04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

> Not officially. I am currently generating deltarpms for Rawhide at
> http://lesloueizeh.com/devel/i386/development (i386 only), and I will
> fork off F9 when the final release happens.

When 9 is released and nVidia releases their driver, I'll come back to
Fedora and use your deltas .

> We still need build system integration before it happens in the official
> repositories.

True. This is a must to save our bandwidth.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

> Feature wasn't ready, yet:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto

I hoped it's outdated and officialy supported by 9th release of Fedora,
but I'll live without official support .

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/