FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Stephen Warren
 
Default Perl and Python bindings package (libconcord) review help

Hi all,

I'm reviewing libconcord:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=438105

The proposed package recently added Python and Perl bindings. I'm not
familiar with Python and Perl packaging. I think everything looks
basically OK according to my reading of the Wiki, but I'd appreciate any
comments from more knowledgeable people.

Thanks!

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-23-2008, 05:52 PM
"Douglas E. Warner"
 
Default Perl and Python bindings package (libconcord) review help

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 00:21:46 Stephen Warren wrote:
> I'm reviewing libconcord:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=438105
>
> The proposed package recently added Python and Perl bindings. I'm not
> familiar with Python and Perl packaging. I think everything looks
> basically OK according to my reading of the Wiki, but I'd appreciate any
> comments from more knowledgeable people.

I'm the one packaging libconcord and am having a problem with the python
bindings; they seem to be installing into %{python_sitelib} even though they
should be installing into %{python_sitearch}.

Here is my current spec file for people to look at:
https://rpm.silfreed.net:8002/index.cgi/file/4029ac859c82/libconcord/libconcord.spec

-Doug
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Paul Howarth
 
Default Perl and Python bindings package (libconcord) review help

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:52:03 -0400
"Douglas E. Warner" <silfreed@silfreed.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 April 2008 00:21:46 Stephen Warren wrote:
> > I'm reviewing libconcord:
> >
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=438105
> >
> > The proposed package recently added Python and Perl bindings. I'm
> > not familiar with Python and Perl packaging. I think everything
> > looks basically OK according to my reading of the Wiki, but I'd
> > appreciate any comments from more knowledgeable people.
>
> I'm the one packaging libconcord and am having a problem with the
> python bindings; they seem to be installing into %{python_sitelib}
> even though they should be installing into %{python_sitearch}.
>
> Here is my current spec file for people to look at:
> https://rpm.silfreed.net:8002/index.cgi/file/4029ac859c82/libconcord/libconcord.spec

Try adding "--install-purelib %{python_sitearch}" to the end of the
"python setup.py ..." line. This is the technique used in the
python-twisted-web package for example.

Paul.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
"Douglas E. Warner"
 
Default Perl and Python bindings package (libconcord) review help

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 19:18:18 Paul Howarth wrote:
> Try adding "--install-purelib %{python_sitearch}" to the end of the
> "python setup.py ..." line. This is the technique used in the
> python-twisted-web package for example.

That worked great; thanks!

-Doug
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org