-   -   Orphaning packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/7111-orphaning-packages.html)

"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" 11-28-2007 08:43 AM

Orphaning packages

Can I take over anjuta and anjuta-gdl? I was anyway planning to bump
them and ask for co-maintainership.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7
Key server: pgp.mit.edu

Kevin Kofler 11-28-2007 10:49 AM

Orphaning packages

Paul F. Johnson <paul <at> all-the-johnsons.co.uk> writes:
> Just to let you know that other than the mono packages I currently maintain,
> I'm going to have to drop the other packages I have down for me.
>
> For ease, if it's a mono or mono-related package (such as mono-develop,
> libgdiplus, db4o etc), I'll maintain it. Anything else is dropped. I'll
> update the wiki and the owners lists as soon as I can.

I'll take z88dk.

Kevin Kofler

Till Maas 11-28-2007 01:19 PM

Orphaning packages

On Mi November 28 2007, Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> For ease, if it's a mono or mono-related package (such as mono-develop,
> libgdiplus, db4o etc), I'll maintain it. Anything else is dropped. I'll
> update the wiki and the owners lists as soon as I can.

You have to use the package db to release ownership:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/pfj

Regards,
Till

"Jon Ciesla" 11-29-2007 12:18 PM

Orphaning packages

> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that other than the mono packages I currently
> maintain,
> I'm going to have to drop the other packages I have down for me.
>
> For ease, if it's a mono or mono-related package (such as mono-develop,
> libgdiplus, db4o etc), I'll maintain it. Anything else is dropped. I'll
> update
> the wiki and the owners lists as soon as I can.
>
> Basically, it's the old problem of time....

I'll take genchemlab and gonvert.

> TTFN
>
> Paul

novus ordo absurdum

"Jon Ciesla" 11-29-2007 02:04 PM

Orphaning packages

>> Hi,
>>
>> Just to let you know that other than the mono packages I currently
>> maintain,
>> I'm going to have to drop the other packages I have down for me.
>>
>> For ease, if it's a mono or mono-related package (such as mono-develop,
>> libgdiplus, db4o etc), I'll maintain it. Anything else is dropped. I'll
>> update
>> the wiki and the owners lists as soon as I can.
>>
>> Basically, it's the old problem of time....
>
> I'll take genchemlab and gonvert.

Which you'll need to orphan in pkgdb, BTW. In case you forgot. I know I
would. :)

>> TTFN
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> --

> novus ordo absurdum

novus ordo absurdum

"Jon Ciesla" 12-04-2007 01:34 PM

Orphaning packages

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just to let you know that other than the mono packages I currently
>>> maintain,
>>> I'm going to have to drop the other packages I have down for me.
>>>
>>> For ease, if it's a mono or mono-related package (such as mono-develop,
>>> libgdiplus, db4o etc), I'll maintain it. Anything else is dropped. I'll
>>> update
>>> the wiki and the owners lists as soon as I can.
>>>
>>> Basically, it's the old problem of time....
>>
>> I'll take genchemlab and gonvert.
>
> Which you'll need to orphan in pkgdb, BTW. In case you forgot. I know I
> would. :)

Is there someone In rel-eng or cvsadmin or thereabouts that should assist
with this, if Paul hasn't the time? I feel bad making more demands on his
time in order to help him lessen the demands on his time. :)

--
novus ordo absurdum

Jesse Keating 12-04-2007 02:00 PM

Orphaning packages

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:34:12 -0600 (CST)
"Jon Ciesla" <limb@jcomserv.net> wrote:

> Is there someone In rel-eng or cvsadmin or thereabouts that should
> assist with this, if Paul hasn't the time? I feel bad making more
> demands on his time in order to help him lessen the demands on his
> time. :)

I marked these as orphans in pkgdb for you.

--
Jesse Keating

"Jon Ciesla" 12-04-2007 02:47 PM

Orphaning packages

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:34:12 -0600 (CST)
> "Jon Ciesla" <limb@jcomserv.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there someone In rel-eng or cvsadmin or thereabouts that should
>> assist with this, if Paul hasn't the time? I feel bad making more
>> demands on his time in order to help him lessen the demands on his
>> time. :)
>
> I marked these as orphans in pkgdb for you.

Thanks Jesse!

> --
> Jesse Keating
> Fedora -- All my bits are free, are yours?

novus ordo absurdum

"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" 12-05-2007 05:25 AM

Orphaning packages

> Is there someone In rel-eng or cvsadmin or thereabouts that should assist
> with this, if Paul hasn't the time? I feel bad making more demands on his
> time in order to help him lessen the demands on his time. :)

How about doing the same for anjuta [1] and anjuta-gdl [2]? They don't
look like Mono packages, which Paul wants to keep, and I would like to
take them.

Cheers,
Debarshi

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/anjuta
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/anjuta-gdl
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7
Key server: pgp.mit.edu

"Paul F. Johnson" 12-05-2007 09:45 AM

Orphaning packages

Hi,

> > Is there someone In rel-eng or cvsadmin or thereabouts that should assist
> > with this, if Paul hasn't the time? I feel bad making more demands on his
> > time in order to help him lessen the demands on his time. :)
>
> How about doing the same for anjuta [1] and anjuta-gdl [2]? They
> don't look like Mono packages, which Paul wants to keep, and I would
> like to take them.

Feel free to take them.

Currently, my main box is down (it has a silly fault on it which won't clear -
it hangs after 45 minutes and I can't see anything in dmesg saying it's a
software problem, so I'm assuming hardware), but as soon as it's up, I'll
rebuild my mono stuff and get it into rawhide.

TTFN

Paul