FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 AM
"Jesus M. Rodriguez"
 
Default Orphaning packages

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 06:23:20PM -0500, Vivek Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been unable to provide necessary attention to a number of java
> packages I owned for the last little while, and I am afraid my
> schedule is only going to get tighter in the future. As a result I
> have orphaned the following packages:
>
> bea-stax
> byaccj
> classpathx-jaf
> classpathx-jaxp
> crytpix-asn1
> isorelax
> jakarta-commons-collections
> jakarta-commons-pool
> java_cup
> jaxen
> jaxen-bootstrap
> jgroups
> jlex
> jzlib
> ldapjdk
> log4j
> regexp
> saxon
> saxon8
> tanukiwrapper
> tomcat5
> velocity
> xalan-j2
> xmlrpc
>
> I apologize if any bugs you reported have not been acted upon recently.
> If some brave soul would like to take over, I can provide guidance,
> though it may be somewhat sporadic.
> Vivek

I would be interested in take some of these packages.

tanukiwrapper
velocity
xmlrpc
log4j

I will definitely take. If the rest are dependencies I can take
them for now.

Sincerely,
jesus

--
jesus m. rodriguez | jesusr@redhat.com
sr. software engineer | irc: zeus
red hat network | 919.754.4413 x44413
+-------------------------------------------+
| "Those who cannot learn from history |
| are doomed to repeat it." |
| -- George Santayana |
+-------------------------------------------+

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 AM
"Vivek Lakshmanan"
 
Default Orphaning packages

On Feb 7, 2008 8:52 PM, Jesus M. Rodriguez <jesusr@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> I would be interested in take some of these packages.
>
> tanukiwrapper
> velocity
> xmlrpc
> log4j
>
> I will definitely take. If the rest are dependencies I can take
> them for now.
>
Thanks Jesus... Tomcat is by far the heaviest of these packages and
needs almost all of the rest. Fortunately Devrim Gunduz has been doing
a great job maintaining it and I believe pkgdb already shows him to be
the owner. Apart from the ones you mentioned, most are maven2 deps and
probably best discussed with dbhole (maven2 owner). In the meantime
please feel free to adopt the packages you expressed interest in. I
believe the process is documented here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingPackagedb#head-e191a99ad05ab1400b7582e5f1257f6a4a364d4e
Do let me know if I can provide any assistance.
Vivek

--
fedora-devel-java-list mailing list
fedora-devel-java-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list
 
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 AM
"Vivek Lakshmanan"
 
Default Orphaning packages

On Feb 7, 2008 8:52 PM, Jesus M. Rodriguez <jesusr@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> I would be interested in take some of these packages.
>
> tanukiwrapper
> velocity
> xmlrpc
> log4j
>
> I will definitely take. If the rest are dependencies I can take
> them for now.
>
Thanks Jesus... Tomcat is by far the heaviest of these packages and
needs almost all of the rest. Fortunately Devrim Gunduz has been doing
a great job maintaining it and I believe pkgdb already shows him to be
the owner. Apart from the ones you mentioned, most are maven2 deps and
probably best discussed with dbhole (maven2 owner). In the meantime
please feel free to adopt the packages you expressed interest in. I
believe the process is documented here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingPackagedb#head-e191a99ad05ab1400b7582e5f1257f6a4a364d4e
Do let me know if I can provide any assistance.
Vivek

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 02-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Ville Skyttä
 
Default Orphaning packages

On Friday 08 February 2008, Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:

> I would be interested in take some of these packages.
>
> tanukiwrapper

I'm interested in this as well, both for Fedora and EPEL 5, let me know if
you'd like me to co-maintain or take primary ownership of it.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Mark Wielaard
 
Default Orphaning packages

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:23 -0500, Vivek Lakshmanan wrote:
> I have been unable to provide necessary attention to a number of java
> packages I owned for the last little while, and I am afraid my
> schedule is only going to get tighter in the future. As a result I
> have orphaned the following packages:
> [...]
> classpathx-jaf
> classpathx-jaxp

classpathx-jaxp has been merged into GNU Classpath since some time and
so is now also part of libgcj. We are about to also merge classpathx-jaf
into the GNU Classpath project since these classes are now core since
JDK6. Are there any packages relying on these being also available
separately?

Cheers,

Mark

--
fedora-devel-java-list mailing list
fedora-devel-java-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list
 
Old 02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Lubomir Kundrak
 
Default Orphaning packages

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:23 -0500, Vivek Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been unable to provide necessary attention to a number of java
> packages I owned for the last little while, and I am afraid my
> schedule is only going to get tighter in the future. As a result I
> have orphaned the following packages:
...
> I apologize if any bugs you reported have not been acted upon recently.
> If some brave soul would like to take over, I can provide guidance,
> though it may be somewhat sporadic.

Devrim helped a lot with tomcat5 and IIRC expressed some interest in
maintaining it, so adding him to Cc, in case he didn't notice. Maybe he
is the brave soul to take over some other packages as well.

--
Lubomir Kundrak (Red Hat Security Response Team)

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
 
Default Orphaning packages

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:23 -0500, Vivek Lakshmanan wrote:
> As a result I have orphaned the following packages:

<snip>

I will take these:

* jakarta-commons-collections
* xalan-j2
* byaccj
* jakarta-commons-pool
* regexp
* saxon

I already got Tomcat5 ownership as you released it.

Looks like saxon8 hasn't been imported to CVS yet:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=227115

I'll take saxon8 and push it for build, too.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
 
Default Orphaning packages

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:23 -0500, Vivek Lakshmanan wrote:
> As a result I have orphaned the following packages:

<snip>

I will take these:

* jakarta-commons-collections
* xalan-j2
* byaccj
* jakarta-commons-pool
* regexp
* saxon

I already got Tomcat5 ownership as you released it.

Looks like saxon8 hasn't been imported to CVS yet:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=227115

I'll take saxon8 and push it for build, too.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/
--
fedora-devel-java-list mailing list
fedora-devel-java-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list
 
Old 02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
 
Default Orphaning packages

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 20:21 +0100, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> > I apologize if any bugs you reported have not been acted upon
> recently.
> > If some brave soul would like to take over, I can provide guidance,
> > though it may be somewhat sporadic.
>
> Devrim helped a lot with tomcat5 and IIRC expressed some interest in
> maintaining it, so adding him to Cc, in case he didn't notice. Maybe
> he is the brave soul to take over some other packages as well.



I took 7 more packages. If we cannot find to maintain the rest of the
orphaned packages, I'll take them, too.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/
--
fedora-devel-java-list mailing list
fedora-devel-java-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list
 
Old 02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
 
Default Orphaning packages

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 20:21 +0100, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> > I apologize if any bugs you reported have not been acted upon
> recently.
> > If some brave soul would like to take over, I can provide guidance,
> > though it may be somewhat sporadic.
>
> Devrim helped a lot with tomcat5 and IIRC expressed some interest in
> maintaining it, so adding him to Cc, in case he didn't notice. Maybe
> he is the brave soul to take over some other packages as well.



I took 7 more packages. If we cannot find to maintain the rest of the
orphaned packages, I'll take them, too.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support
Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
Co-Authors: plPHP, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org