-   -   Developing for Fedora Operating System (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/710933-developing-fedora-operating-system.html)

Rohit 10-09-2012 06:04 PM

Developing for Fedora Operating System

Respected Sir,

I am seriously considering developing for the Fedora Linux Operating System. Also, I have interest in participating in Google Summer of Code 2013 under your organisation.

I have knowledge of C, PHP, Javascript, Python(basic) and Objective-C Programming Languages. I am willing to learn any programming language needed for the purpose. It will not take time as i am already familiar with the concepts.

Also, I have been using Fedora Operating system since 2 Years. So, Please Guide me in the Right Direction and tell me what All I need to learn for the purpose.

Yours Truly,
Rohit Tripathi
UIET, PU, Chandigarh.

"Richard W.M. Jones" 10-09-2012 06:08 PM

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 11:34:46PM +0530, Rohit wrote:
> Also, I have been using Fedora Operating system since 2 Years. So,
> Please Guide me in the Right Direction and tell me what All I need
> to learn for the purpose.

There are lots of skills that people can bring to Fedora. I would
recommend starting here:

https://fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora

Rich.

libguestfs lets you edit virtual machines. Supports shell scripting,
bindings from many languages. http://libguestfs.org