Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Jiri Popelka

Default orphaning/retiring drivers for old Lexmark inkjet "GDI-only" printers

Hi,

I took over Lubomir Rintel's printing packages, investigated them and
most of them are drivers to few old, cheap Lexmark inkjet printers.
The drivers are reverse engineered because Lexmark was considering their
proprietary protocol top secret.

Here's the list of packages with printers that use them:
lx: Lexmark 1000/1020/1100
pbm2l2030: Lexmark 2030
c2050: Lexmark 2050
c2070: Lexmark 2070
pbm2l7k: Lexmark 5000/7200/Z51/Z82

If you happen to have such a printer and want to maintain any of these
packages or you just know anybody still using this printer let me knew.
Otherwise I'll retire them as I'd be surprised if there was any such
working printer out there.

--
Jiri