-   -   plan to retire pycluter* (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/709582-plan-retire-pycluter.html)

Kalev Lember 10-04-2012 12:26 PM

plan to retire pycluter*

On 09/25/2012 08:44 AM, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 09/24/2012 11:18 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I plan to retire pyclutter pyclutter-gst and pyclutter-gtk unless
>> anyone speaks up. They're not currently used by anything in Fedora
>> AFAICT and any new development should be using introspection bindings
>> anyway.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Good plan, I think. pyclutter* is pretty much abandoned upstream in
> favour of the introspection based bindings and it doesn't even build
> with latest clutter.
>
> Note that there's one app in Fedora using pyclutter; kismon. It looks to
> have been only recently imported in Fedora so hopefully it has an active
> upstream/Fedora maintainer that can port it to gobject-introspection.

pyclutter is now retired and kismon has started to show up in the
Branched/rawhide reports as a broken dep:

[kismon]
kismon-0.6-2.fc18.noarch requires pyclutter

Fabian, do you know if kismon is going to be ported to g-i based clutter
bindings or should it be removed from F18+ now that we no longer have
pyclutter?

--
Kalev