-   -   Packages in need of new maintainers (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/709397-packages-need-new-maintainers.html)

Jon Ciesla 10-03-2012 06:23 PM

Packages in need of new maintainers

As a result of FESCO ticket 952*, Lubomir Rintel's 200+ packages are
in need of new maintainers. Under normal circumstances we'd simply
orphan them all, but given the large number we want to handle this in
a more orderly fashion.

Please reply to the list with any requests for ownership changes, and
I'll complete them on a first-come, first-served basis.

The current list:

NaturalDocs -- Documentation generator for multiple programming languages
NetworkManager-pptp -- NetworkManager VPN plugin for pptp
afpfs-ng -- Apple Filing Protocol client
apache-ivy -- Java-based dependency manager
astronomy-menus -- Astronomy menu for the Desktop
bam -- A build-system
btkbdd -- Software bluetooth keyboard
c2050 -- Converts bitcmyk data to Lexmark 2050 printer language
c2070 -- Converts bitcmyk data to Lexmark 2070 printer language
centerim -- Text mode menu- and window-driven IM
cjet -- Converts PCL data to Canon CaPSL III printer language
cloudy -- Spectral synthesis code to simulate conditions in interstellar matter
collectd -- Statistics collection daemon for filling RRD files
corrida -- Application for archivation of meteor observations
cpl -- ESO library for automated astronomical data-reduction tasks
debootstrap -- Debian GNU/Linux bootstrapper
derby -- Relational database implemented entirely in java
dissy -- Graphical frontend to the objdump disassembler
dmg2img -- Uncompress the Apple compressed disk image files
earcandy -- Sound level manager
enchant -- An Enchanting Spell Checking Library
erlang-meck -- A mocking library for Erlang
esorex -- Recipe Execution Tool of the European Southern Observatory
extrema -- Extrema is a powerful visualization and data analysis tool
ezmorph -- Object transformation library for Java
flumotion -- Streaming Server based on GStreamer and Twisted
fop -- XSL-driven print formatter
fusecompress -- FUSE based compressed filesystem implementation
gant -- Groovy-based build system that uses Ant tasks
git-bugzilla -- Attach patches to a bugzilla bug
gooddata-cl -- GoodData Integration toolkit
groovy -- Agile dynamic language for the Java Platform
gstreamer-plugins-pulse -- GStreamer 0.10 plugin for the PulseAudio sound server
http-parser -- HTTP request/response parser for C
insight -- Graphical debugger based on GDB
intellij-idea -- IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition IDE
ircp-tray -- Infrared file transfer applet for GNOME panel
isync -- Tool to synchronize IMAP4 and Maildir
mailboxesjackrabbit -- Implementation of the Content Repository for
Java Technology API
java-1.6.0-openjdk -- OpenJDK Runtime Environment
java_cup -- Java source interpreter
jazzy -- Java-based spellchecker
jcommon -- JFree Java utility classes
jfreechart -- Java chart library
jgraph -- Java-based Diagram Component and Editor
jgraphx -- Java Graph Drawing Component
joda-time -- Java date and time API
jps -- Gant based build framework and DSL
jsl -- Check JavaScript code for common mistakes
json-lib -- JSON library for Java
justmoon -- Just Moon is lunar observing software for Linux
kBuild -- A cross-platform build environment
kdeedu -- Educational/Edutainment applications
koules -- Action game with multiplayer, network and sound support
ladspa -- Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plug-in API, examples and tools
libatomic_ops -- Atomic memory update operations
libclaw -- C++ Library Absolutely Wonderful
libeio -- Event-based fully asynchronous I/O library
libffi -- A portable foreign function interface library
libfli -- Library for FLI CCD Camera & Filter Wheels
libgda -- Library for writing gnome database programs
libindi -- Instrument Neutral Distributed Interface
liboping -- C library to generate ICMP echo requests
librelp -- The Reliable Event Logging Protocol library
libsamplerate -- Sample rate conversion library for audio data
libscigraphica -- A library of gtk+ widgets for SciGraphica
libvisual -- Abstraction library for audio visualisation plugins
libwpg -- Library for reading WordPerfect Graphics images
links -- Web browser running in both graphics and text mode
loudmouth -- XMPP/Jabber C programming library
lsyncd -- File change monitoring and synchronization daemon
lua-rex -- Regular expression handling library for Lua
lx -- Converts PBM data to Lexmark 1000 printer language
maatkit -- Essential command-line utilities for MySQL
mars-sim -- Mars Simulation Project
maven-embedder -- The Maven Embedder is used by the Maven CLI, by IDE
integration and others.
maven-enforcer-rule-api -- Generic interfaces needed to implement
custom rules for the maven-enforcer-plugin.
mdbtools -- Access data stored in Microsoft Access databases
meld -- Visual diff and merge tool
mercury -- Replacement for the Maven Artifact subsystem
microba -- Set of JFC (Swing) components
min12xxw -- Converts PBM stream to Minolta printer language
mod_python -- An embedded Python interpreter for the Apache HTTP Server
mon -- General-purpose resource monitoring system
netbsd-iscsi -- User-space implementation of iSCSI target from NetBSD project
nightview -- A general astronomical software package to control of a CCD camera
nss-mdns -- glibc plugin for .local name resolution
openclipart -- Open Clip Art Library
opengl-games-utils -- Utilities to check proper 3d support before
launching 3d games
opengrok -- Source browser and indexer
opticalraytracer -- Utility that analyzes systems of lenses
orsa -- Orbit Reconstruction, Simulation and Analysis
ovaldi -- Reference implementation of the OVAL interpreter
padevchooser -- Control applet for PulseAudio
patricia-trie -- Java prefix tree library
pavumeter -- Volume meter for PulseAudio
pbm2l2030 -- Converts PBM stream to Lexmark 2030 printer language
pbm2l7k -- Converts PBM stream to Lexmark 7000, 7200 and 5700 printer language
perl-Algorithm-Permute -- Handy and fast permutation with object
oriented interface
perl-Apache-DBI-Cache -- Perl DBI connection cache
perl-Array-Utils -- Small utils for array manipulation
perl-Authen-Captcha -- Perl extension for creating captchas
perl-CSS-Tiny -- Read/Write .css files with as little code as possible
perl-Carp-Always -- Warn and die in Perl noisily with stack backtraces
perl-Class-C3-XS -- XS speedups for Class::C3
perl-Class-Factory-Util -- Provide utility methods for factory classes
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 -- Low-Level Interface to bzip2 compression library
perl-Config-General -- Generic configuration module for Perl
perl-Const-Fast -- Const::Fast Perl module
perl-Contextual-Return -- Create context-senstive return values
perl-Convert-BER -- ASN.1 Basic Encoding Rules
perl-DBM-Deep -- A pure perl multi-level hash/array DBM
perl-DateTime-Format-Builder -- Create DateTime parser classes and objects
perl-DateTime-Format-HTTP -- HTTP protocol date conversion routines
perl-DateTime-Format-IBeat -- Format times in .beat notation
perl-DateTime-Format-MySQL -- Parse and format MySQL dates and times
perl-Declare-Constraints-Simple -- Declarative Validation of Data Structures
perl-File-Map -- Memory mapping made simple and safe
perl-File-Slurp -- Efficient Reading/Writing of Complete Files
perl-HTML-Template-Pro -- Perl/XS module to use HTML Templates from CGI scripts
perl-IO-Compress-Base -- Base Class for IO::Compress modules
perl-IO-Compress-Bzip2 -- Perl interface to allow reading and writing
of bzip2 data
perl-JSON-XS -- JSON serialising/deserialising, done correctly and fast
perl-MRO-Compat -- Mro::* interface compatibility for Perls < 5.9.5
perl-Module-Refresh -- Refresh %INC files when updated on disk
perl-Mon -- Mon Perl module
perl-Moose -- Complete modern object system for Perl 5
perl-Net-Amazon-EC2 -- Perl interface to the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
perl-Net-Amazon-EC2-Metadata -- Retrieves data from EC2 Metadata service
perl-Net-FTPSSL -- Perl module for FTP over SSL/TLS
perl-Net-IRC -- Perl interface to the Internet Relay Chat protocol
perl-Net-OAuth -- OAuth protocol support library for Perl
perl-Net-SNPP -- Perl modules for the Simple Network Pager Protocol
perl-Net-Stomp -- Stomp client module for Perl
perl-Object-MultiType -- Perl Objects as Hash, Array, Scalar, Code and
Glob at the same time
perl-OpenGL -- Perl OpenGL bindings
perl-OpenOffice-UNO -- Interface to OpenOffice's UNO run-tume
perl-POSIX-strptime -- Perl extension to the POSIX date parsing
strptime(3) function
perl-Pod-Simple-Wiki -- Utility and perl classes for converting POD to Wiki text
perl-Reaper -- Support for reaping child processes via $SIG{CHLD}
perl-SVG-Parser -- XML Parser for SVG documents
perl-String-Random -- Perl module to generate random strings based on a pattern
perl-Sys-Statistics-Linux -- Front-end module to collect system statistics
perl-TAP-Harness -- Run Perl standard test scripts with statistics
perl-TAP-Harness-Archive -- Create an archive of TAP test results
perl-TAP-Harness-JUnit -- Generate JUnit compatible output from TAP results
perl-Term-ReadLine-Gnu -- Perl extension for the GNU Readline/History Library
perl-Test-LongString -- Perl module to test long strings
perl-Test-Mock-LWP -- Easy mocking of LWP packages
perl-Test-MockObject -- Perl extension for emulating troublesome interfaces
perl-Test-WWW-Selenium -- Perl Client for the Selenium Remote Control test tool
perl-Text-CSV-Separator -- Determine the field separator of a CSV file
perl-Text-Markdown -- A text-to-HTML filter
perl-Time-Period -- A Perl module to deal with time periods
perl-Tk-GraphViz -- Render an interactive GraphViz graph
perl-Tk-Text-SuperText -- Improved text widget for Perl/Tk
perl-WWW-GoodData -- Client for GoodData REST-ful API
perl-WWW-Salesforce -- Perl client bindings for Salesforce service
perl-XML-Atom-SimpleFeed -- No-fuss generation of Atom syndication feeds
perl-XML-Smart -- Implementation of XML parser and writer for Perl
perl-aliased -- Use shorter versions of class names
perl-common-sense -- "Common sense" Perl defaults
plee-the-bear -- 2D platform game
plexus-graph -- Graph data structures manipulation library
pnglite -- A lightweight C library for loading PNG images
poster -- Scales PostScript images to span multiple pages
printer-filters -- Collection of filters for various printer drivers
ptouch-driver -- CUPS driver for Brother P-touch label printers
pulseaudio -- Improved Linux sound server
pure-ftpd -- Lightweight, fast and secure FTP server
python-kiwi -- Framework for Python GUI applications
python-twisted-core -- Asynchronous networking framework written in Python
python-twisted-names -- Twisted DNS implementation
python-twisted-web -- Twisted web client and server, programmable in Python
pyxmlsec -- Python bindings for the XML Security Library
qemu -- QEMU is a FAST! processor emulator
rhino -- JavaScript for Java
rubygem-bacon -- A ruby-based testing framework
rubygem-configuration -- Pure Ruby scoped configuration files
rubygem-cucumber -- Tool to execute plain-text documents as functional tests
rubygem-diff-lcs -- Provide a list of changes between two sequenced collections
rubygem-launchy -- Helper class for cross-platform launching of applications
rubygem-polyglot -- Allow hooking of language loaders for specified
extensions into require
rubygem-rubigen -- A framework to allow Ruby applications to generate
file/folder stubs
rubygem-shotgun -- Automatic reloading version of the rackup command
rubygem-sinatra -- Ruby-based web application framework
rubygem-test-spec -- Behaviour Driven Development interface for Test::Unit
s3cmd -- Tool for accessing Amazon Simple Storage Service
saoimage -- Utility for displaying astronomical images
scigraphica -- Scientific application for data analysis and technical graphics
sdcc -- Small Device C Compiler
selenium-core -- A DHTML test execution framework
selenium-remote-control -- Tool for remotely controlling a web browser
to test a web site
shortrpm -- Short-circuit binary RPM package build
skychart -- Planetarium software for the advanced amateur astronomer
skyviewer -- Program to display HEALPix-based skymaps in FITS files
starlab -- A Software Environment for Collisional Stellar Dynamics
starplot -- 3-dimensional perspective star map viewer
starplot-contrib -- Stellar data set for use by the StarPlot tool
starplot-gliese3 -- Stellar data set for use by the StarPlot tool
starplot-yale5 -- Stellar data set for use by the StarPlot tool
sunbird -- Calendar application built upon Mozilla toolkit
swarp -- Tool that resamples and co-adds together FITS images
swing-layout -- Natural layout for Swing panels
system-config-keyboard -- A graphical interface for modifying the keyboard
system-config-rootpassword -- A graphical interface for modifying the
rootpassword
tagsoup -- A SAX-compliant HTML parser written in Java
testng -- Java-based testing framework
tkcvs -- TkCVS and TkDiff
tunctl -- Create and remove virtual network interfaces
tunneler -- Clone of legendary Tunneler game
tzdata-java -- Timezone data for Java
v8 -- JavaScript Engine
wcslib -- An implementation of the FITS World Coordinate System standard
wv -- MSWord 6/7/8/9 binary file format to HTML converter
xalan-c -- Xalan XSLT processor for C
xmlbeans -- XML-Java binding tool
xmltoman -- Scripts for converting XML to roff or HTML
xom -- XML Pull Parser
xorg-x11-resutils -- X.Org X11 X resource utilities
xpp3 -- XML Pull Parser
xscreensaver -- X screen saver and locker
xstream -- Java XML serialization library
xteddy -- Tool to sit around silently, look cute, and make you smile
yaws -- Web server for dynamic content written in Erlang
yofrankie-bge -- 3D Game with characters from Big Buck Bunny movie

The link:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/lkundrak?acls=owner

-J

*https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/952

--
http://cecinestpasunefromage.wordpress.com/

Matthew Miller 10-03-2012 06:54 PM

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 01:23:02PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> qemu -- QEMU is a FAST! processor emulator

Hmmm. The virtmaint team is the owner of QEMU in the Fedora devel/18/17/16
collections, and lkundrak is the owner in EPEL 6. But do we even _have_ that
in EPEL 6?

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>

Bill Nottingham 10-03-2012 06:55 PM

Jon Ciesla (limburgher@gmail.com) said:
> As a result of FESCO ticket 952*, Lubomir Rintel's 200+ packages are
> in need of new maintainers. Under normal circumstances we'd simply
> orphan them all, but given the large number we want to handle this in
> a more orderly fashion.
>
> Please reply to the list with any requests for ownership changes, and
> I'll complete them on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you're looking for comaintainers:

Package NetworkManager-pptp
comaintained by: dcbw
Package apache-ivy
comaintained by: orion
Package astronomy-menus
comaintained by: mmahut
Package bam
comaintained by: lkundrak
Package centerim
comaintained by: awjb
Package cloudy
comaintained by: mmahut
Package collectd
comaintained by: apevec fab
Package cpl
comaintained by: mmahut
Package erlang-meck
comaintained by: peter
Package extrema
comaintained by: mmahut
Package fop
comaintained by: sparks
Package fusecompress
comaintained by: lmacken
comaintained by: akurtakov
Package groovy
comaintained by: madsa hannes
Package http-parser
comaintained by: mcepl
Package isync
comaintained by: s4504kr
Package jfreechart
comaintained by: jerboaa
Package jgraphx
comaintained by: davidcl
Package justmoon
comaintained by: mmahut
Package kBuild
comaintained by: laxathom
Package kdeedu
comaintained by: ltinkl rdieter kkofler jreznik
Package libclaw
comaintained by: xavierb
Package libsamplerate
comaintained by: jwrdegoede lkundrak
Package links
comaintained by: ovasik
Package loudmouth
comaintained by: tjikkun otaylor
Package maatkit
comaintained by: slankes
Package mars-sim
comaintained by: mmahut
Package meld
comaintained by: cwickert
Package mon
comaintained by: lucilanga
Package orsa
comaintained by: rakesh
Package perl-CSS-Tiny
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-Class-C3-XS
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-Class-Factory-Util
comaintained by: psabata mmaslano
Package perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-Contextual-Return
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-DateTime-Format-Builder
comaintained by: psabata mmaslano
Package perl-DateTime-Format-HTTP
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-DateTime-Format-IBeat
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-DateTime-Format-MySQL
comaintained by: psabata mmaslano
Package perl-Declare-Constraints-Simple
comaintained by: mmaslano
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-File-Slurp
comaintained by: laxathom
Package perl-JSON-XS
comaintained by: psabata mmaslano
Package perl-MRO-Compat
comaintained by: ppisar psabata mmaslano
Package perl-Module-Refresh
comaintained by: laxathom
Package perl-Moose
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-String-Random
comaintained by: steve
Package perl-Test-LongString
comaintained by: laxathom
Package perl-aliased
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package perl-common-sense
comaintained by: mmaslano
Package printer-filters
comaintained by: jpopelka
Package ptouch-driver
comaintained by: jpopelka
Package pulseaudio
comaintained by: lkundrak
Package pure-ftpd
comaintained by: jcapik ksyz
Package qemu
comaintained by: dwmw2 berrange
Package rubygem-configuration
comaintained by: stahnma
Package rubygem-cucumber
comaintained by: kanarip stahnma mmorsi
Package rubygem-launchy
comaintained by: mfojtik
Package rubygem-polyglot
comaintained by: kanarip stahnma vondruch
Package rubygem-rubigen
comaintained by: mmorsi
Package rubygem-shotgun
comaintained by: mfojtik stahnma
Package rubygem-sinatra
comaintained by: bkabrda mfojtik
Package rubygem-test-spec
comaintained by: stahnma
Package s3cmd
Package saoimage
comaintained by: mmahut
Package skychart
comaintained by: mmahut
Package starplot
comaintained by: mmahut
Package swarp
comaintained by: mmahut
Package system-config-keyboard
comaintained by: twoerner itamarjp
Package system-config-rootpassword
comaintained by: rnovacek
Package v8
comaintained by: tomspur
Package xom
comaintained by: dbhole
Package xpp3
comaintained by: dbhole

Bill

Jon Ciesla 10-03-2012 06:58 PM

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 01:23:02PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> qemu -- QEMU is a FAST! processor emulator
>
> Hmmm. The virtmaint team is the owner of QEMU in the Fedora devel/18/17/16
> collections, and lkundrak is the owner in EPEL 6. But do we even _have_ that
> in EPEL 6?

I see no builds, and lots of qemu RPMS in RHEL. Maybe I should retire
the branch?

-J

Matthew Miller 10-03-2012 07:03 PM

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 01:58:36PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > Hmmm. The virtmaint team is the owner of QEMU in the Fedora devel/18/17/16
> > collections, and lkundrak is the owner in EPEL 6. But do we even _have_ that
> > in EPEL 6?
> I see no builds, and lots of qemu RPMS in RHEL. Maybe I should retire
> the branch?

I'm pretty sure that's correct.

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>

Jon Ciesla 10-03-2012 07:09 PM

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 01:58:36PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> > Hmmm. The virtmaint team is the owner of QEMU in the Fedora devel/18/17/16
>> > collections, and lkundrak is the owner in EPEL 6. But do we even _have_ that
>> > in EPEL 6?
>> I see no builds, and lots of qemu RPMS in RHEL. Maybe I should retire
>> the branch?
>
> I'm pretty sure that's correct.

Done.

-J

Hakel Gumar 10-03-2012 07:12 PM

Packages in need of new maintainers

Le 03/10/2012 20:23, Jon Ciesla a crit :

libgda -- Library for writing gnome database programs

You probably meant compat-libgda which should be dropped (compat-libgda
=> 3.x, libgda => 4.x, libgda5 review has been waiting for a moment).

% pkgdb-cli acl compat-libgda | awk '/Owner/ { print $3 } /Last build/ {
print $0 }'

limb
Last build: 2012-07-20 by limb for
compat-libgda-3.1.2-9.fc18 in rawhide

% pkgdb-cli acl libgda | awk '/Owner/ { print $3 } /Last build/ { print
$0 }'

hguemar
Last build: 2012-08-05 by hguemar for libgda-4.2.13-1.fc18
in rawhide

best regards,
H.

Jon Ciesla 10-03-2012 07:15 PM

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Hakel Gumar <karlthered@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 03/10/2012 20:23, Jon Ciesla a crit :
>>
>> libgda -- Library for writing gnome database programs
>>
> You probably meant compat-libgda which should be dropped (compat-libgda =>
> 3.x, libgda => 4.x, libgda5 review has been waiting for a moment).
>
> % pkgdb-cli acl compat-libgda | awk '/Owner/ { print $3 } /Last build/ {
> print $0 }'
> limb
> Last build: 2012-07-20 by limb for compat-libgda-3.1.2-9.fc18 in
> rawhide
>

> % pkgdb-cli acl libgda | awk '/Owner/ { print $3 } /Last build/ { print $0
> }'
> hguemar
> Last build: 2012-08-05 by hguemar for libgda-4.2.13-1.fc18 in
> rawhide

No, I meant libgda, it's on the list because he owns the EPEL
branches. You can keep the Fedora branches, and can have EPEL if you
like.

-J

Matthew Miller 10-03-2012 07:26 PM

Packages in need of new maintainers

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 01:23:02PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> s3cmd -- Tool for accessing Amazon Simple Storage Service

I'll take this. It's python, cloud-related, and should be low stress.

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>

Jon Ciesla 10-03-2012 07:30 PM