FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Chris Murphy
 
Default F18, efi-bootable live images

On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
>>
>> This happens:
>>
>> livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --efi


>>
>> 8 bytes were erased at offset 0x00000200 (gpt): 45 46 49 20 50 41 52 54
>> 8 bytes were erased at offset 0x3d3d2000 (gpt): 45 46 49 20 50 41 52 54
>> Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
>> Waiting for devices to settle...
>> mkdosfs 3.0.12 (29 Oct 2011)
>> ERROR: This live image does not support EFI booting
>
> Thanks for the report, the nightly images weren't working right because
> of the splash image change. livecd-tools 18.12 fixes this.

I guess I vaguely recall from F17 that --reset-mbr --efi gets you a hybrid MBR/GPT thing that did work for me, but I didn't realize that was an expected outcome that it worked.


Chris Murphy
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Andreas Tunek
 
Default F18, efi-bootable live images

2012/10/2 Brian C. Lane <bcl@redhat.com>:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 06:39:05PM +0200, Andreas Tunek wrote:
>> 2012/10/2 Brian C. Lane <bcl@redhat.com>:
>> > On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 10:09:33AM +0200, Andreas Tunek wrote:
>> >> The latest couple of F18 live images I have tried have not been efi
>> >> bootable. Is this something known or something I should report in bugzilla?
>> >> If so, under what component?
>> >
>> > What, exactly, happens? How are you trying to boot them? How did you
>> > make the boot image? livecd-iso-to-disk should be working fine at this
>> > point (it rewrites the label so the spaces bug isn't a problem).
>> >
>> > --
>>
>>
>> This happens:
>>
>> livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --efi
>> Fedora-18-Nightly-20120930.12-x86_64-Live-desktop.iso /dev/sdb
>> Verifying image...
>> /home/tuna/Downloads/Fedora-18-Nightly-20120930.12-x86_64-Live-desktop.iso:
>> cae42a4382b6b2fd7341855d96122c76
>> Fragment sums: b9ebb947abaa631ca1b693423ed2c79f74c11e19a111157835 8ecc4fff7d
>> Fragment count: 20
>> Press [Esc] to abort check.
>> Checking: 100.0%
>>
>> The media check is complete, the result is: PASS.
>>
>> It is OK to use this media.
>> WARNING: THIS WILL DESTROY ANY DATA ON /dev/sdb!!!
>> Press Enter to continue or ctrl-c to abort
>>
>> 8 bytes were erased at offset 0x00000200 (gpt): 45 46 49 20 50 41 52 54
>> 8 bytes were erased at offset 0x3d3d2000 (gpt): 45 46 49 20 50 41 52 54
>> Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
>> Waiting for devices to settle...
>> mkdosfs 3.0.12 (29 Oct 2011)
>> ERROR: This live image does not support EFI booting
>
> Thanks for the report, the nightly images weren't working right because
> of the splash image change. livecd-tools 18.12 fixes this.
>

Is that available for F17?

> --
> Brian C. Lane | Anaconda Team | IRC: bcl #anaconda | Port Orchard, WA (PST8PDT)
>
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default F18, efi-bootable live images

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 11:09 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Andreas Tunek wrote:
> >
> > livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --efi
>
> --reset-mbr and --efi are conflicting options. I don't know if the script automatically negates one of them or if you just end up with a messed up USB stick.

I've been using both forever, FWIW.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Andreas Tunek
 
Default F18, efi-bootable live images

2012/10/2 Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com>:
> On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 11:09 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> On Oct 2, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Andreas Tunek wrote:
>> >
>> > livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --efi
>>
>> --reset-mbr and --efi are conflicting options. I don't know if the script automatically negates one of them or if you just end up with a messed up USB stick.
>
> I've been using both forever, FWIW.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

Beta 1 works!
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org