-   -   'newpackager' is not in FAS, or How to co-maintain a package before getting sponsored (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/708256-newpackager-not-fas-how-co-maintain-package-before-getting-sponsored.html)

Robin Lee 09-29-2012 03:44 AM

'newpackager' is not in FAS, or How to co-maintain a package before getting sponsored

Hi, all

I want to follow the route [1] to bring up a new packager. But when I try to approve commit privilege for him, pkgdb says:
"... must be in one of these groups: ('cvsadmin', 'packager', 'provenpackager', 'newpackager') to hold the commit acl"

I think he should join the 'newpackager' FAS group first, but the group is not existing in FAS.

Or candidate packager would not get commit privilege until actually sponsored?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Becom e_a_co-maintainer

Cheers,
robin