FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Andreas Schneider
 
Default Samba and Samba4 changes for F18/rawhide

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that the samba package in f18 and rawhide has been
updated to version 4.0.0rc1. The samba4 package will retire in these distro
versions.

Cheers,


-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider GPG-ID: 8B7EB4B8
Red Hat asn@redhat.com
Samba Team asn@samba.org
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Matthew Miller
 
Default Samba and Samba4 changes for F18/rawhide

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 06:18:08PM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> I wanted to let you know that the samba package in f18 and rawhide has been
> updated to version 4.0.0rc1. The samba4 package will retire in these distro
> versions.

For the record, Fedora feature page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Samba4


--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 09-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Srgio Basto
 
Default Samba and Samba4 changes for F18/rawhide

On Qua, 2012-09-26 at 12:51 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 06:18:08PM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > I wanted to let you know that the samba package in f18 and rawhide has been
> > updated to version 4.0.0rc1. The samba4 package will retire in these distro
> > versions.
>
> For the record, Fedora feature page:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Samba4


I'm about to update smb4k, with new upstream released , should I worry
about it ?

Smb4k spec have:
Requires: samba-client
Requires: cifs-utils


Thanks,
--
Srgio M. B.

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Samba and Samba4 changes for F18/rawhide

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 18:18 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to let you know that the samba package in f18 and rawhide has been
> updated to version 4.0.0rc1. The samba4 package will retire in these distro
> versions.

Just a note on this in case anyone's seeing problems: right now, the
'samba4' package has been blocked but the 'samba' update has not been
pushed stable, so there are dependency problems in the f18 stable repo.
I've asked rel-eng to push the samba update stable ASAP.

I had a look to see if there will be any dependency problems as a result
of this but I can't see any, samba 4.x seems to provide all the API that
samba 3.x provided plus some more, so nothing ought to break,
fortunately. Once the update is pushed stable everything should be OK.

(Also, the versioning on the samba package is incorrect, I have sent the
samba maintainers a link to the relevant sections of the versioning
policy).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org