Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Richard Hughes

Default The GNOME 3.6.0 Megaupdate

If anybody wants to add builds to the GNOME 3.6.0 update, now is the
time to do it. Like usual, please use the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtzJKpbiGX1zdGJzeU9waFJFZmgyQzBuN2VxU0lxb Hc&pli=1

Thanks.

Richard.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:53 PM
"M. Edward (Ed) Borasky"

On a related note, what's the easiest way to get a GNOME 3.6 desktop
on a Fedora 17 system?

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient@gmail.com> wrote:
> If anybody wants to add builds to the GNOME 3.6.0 update, now is the
> time to do it. Like usual, please use the spreadsheet:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtzJKpbiGX1zdGJzeU9waFJFZmgyQzBuN2VxU0lxb Hc&pli=1
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Tomasz Torcz

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:53:33PM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> On a related note, what's the easiest way to get a GNOME 3.6 desktop
> on a Fedora 17 system?

Upgrade to Fedora 18 prerelease.

--
Tomasz Torcz "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray

Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Adam Williamson

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 12:53 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> On a related note, what's the easiest way to get a GNOME 3.6 desktop
> on a Fedora 17 system?

Upgrade it to Fedora 18...

the desktop team doesn't do backports, and AFAIK no third parties do
either. You'd have to try and rebuild the whole stack yourself.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Bill Nottingham

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (znmeb@znmeb.net) said:
> On a related note, what's the easiest way to get a GNOME 3.6 desktop
> on a Fedora 17 system?

Try the Fedora 18 Alpha Live Image on a virtual machine? That's the easiest
way to try it out. As said, it's not intended to be backported to earlier
releases itself.

Bill

Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
"M. Edward (Ed) Borasky"

Ah ... OK. I already have a Fedora 18 alpha VM. I had some network
issues with the F18 repositories but other than that it seemed to be
usable.