Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Default SELinux & Koji question

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 05:29:39PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> This command fails:
>
> + chcon system_ubject_r:tmp_t:s0 tmp
> chcon: failed to change context of 'tmp' to 'system_ubject_r:tmp_t:s0': Operation not permitted

I should add that 'tmp' is the name of a directory under the
build dir.

Rich.

software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:29:39 +0100
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:

> This command fails:
>
> + chcon system_ubject_r:tmp_t:s0 tmp
> chcon: failed to change context of 'tmp' to
> 'system_ubject_r:tmp_t:s0': Operation not permitted
>
> when run on Koji. However it works fine when run on a Fedora 18
> machine, with SELinux enforcing.
>
> Does Koji have SELinux enforcing? Why is labelling not allowed when
> it works on a local machine?

No, builders have selinux disabled, as running in permissive mode a
while back caused odd build failures. ;(

It may be that it works fine now, but we would need to test that and
confirm before changing anything.

kevin

Old 09-25-2012, 04:38 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:35:43AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:29:39 +0100
> "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
>

> > This command fails:
> >
> > + chcon system_ubject_r:tmp_t:s0 tmp
> > chcon: failed to change context of 'tmp' to
> > 'system_ubject_r:tmp_t:s0': Operation not permitted
> >
> > when run on Koji. However it works fine when run on a Fedora 18
> > machine, with SELinux enforcing.
> >
> > Does Koji have SELinux enforcing? Why is labelling not allowed when
> > it works on a local machine?
>
> No, builders have selinux disabled, as running in permissive mode a
> while back caused odd build failures. ;(
>
> It may be that it works fine now, but we would need to test that and
> confirm before changing anything.

Ah, I guess that explains it!

Rich.

libguestfs lets you edit virtual machines. Supports shell scripting,
bindings from many languages. http://libguestfs.org