Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Mike Cronenworth

Default Wine and Fedora 9 no workie

Hi all,

Wine 0.9.59 has suddenly stopped working with the latest rawhide
updates. I get the following output when trying to run any application,
even the native Wine apps:

> preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
> wine: could not load L"C:foo.exe": Invalid address
> Invalid address

I've tried recompiling Wine to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
John Reiser

> Wine 0.9.59 has suddenly stopped working with the latest rawhide
> updates. I get the following output when trying to run any application,
> even the native Wine apps:
>
>> preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
>> wine: could not load L"C:foo.exe": Invalid address
>> Invalid address

Run under "strace -f -o strace.out ..." to see exactly why the mmap()
fails to reserve the address space, and the other failing syscalls.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:34 PM
drago01

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Mike Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wine 0.9.59 has suddenly stopped working with the latest rawhide updates. I
> get the following output when trying to run any application, even the native
> Wine apps:
>
> > preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
> > wine: could not load L"C:foo.exe": Invalid address
> > Invalid address
>
> I've tried recompiling Wine to no avail. Any suggestions?

are there any selinux related messages in the logs?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Dave Jones

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:11:53AM -0500, Mike Cronenworth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wine 0.9.59 has suddenly stopped working with the latest rawhide
> updates. I get the following output when trying to run any application,
> even the native Wine apps:
>
> > preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
> > wine: could not load L"C:foo.exe": Invalid address
> > Invalid address
>
> I've tried recompiling Wine to no avail. Any suggestions?

Does setting /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr to 0 fix it ?

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Mike Cronenworth

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:11:53AM -0500, Mike Cronenworth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wine 0.9.59 has suddenly stopped working with the latest rawhide
> updates. I get the following output when trying to run any application,
> even the native Wine apps:
>
> > preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000

> > wine: could not load L"C:foo.exe": Invalid address
> > Invalid address
>
> I've tried recompiling Wine to no avail. Any suggestions?

Does setting /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr to 0 fix it ?

Dave

Dave,

That fixes it. It was set to 65535 previously. Everything works now.

Thanks,
Mike