Old 04-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Hans de Goede

Default 200+ packages up for grabs

Hi all,

No I'm not leaving or anything like that. But keeping 200+ packages in top
condition is taking quite a large chunk of time (duh). So I'm looking for
fellow contributers who want to become the maintainer of a few (100 or so
packages of mine to lighten my load.

I'll stick around as co-maintainer for quite a few of them, others which I've
only picked up to stop them from becoming orphaned, I probably will withdraw
myself from completely.

Here is a short list of packages which gets upstream updates at regular
intervals, and thus bring the most work with them, and thus I would _really_
like to see a new maintainer for:

* boswars -- Bos Wars is a futuristic real-time strategy game
* childsplay -- Suite of educational games for young children
* childsplay_plugins -- Plugins for childsplay (educational games for
young children)

* gcompris -- Educational suite for kids 2-10 years old
* ogre -- Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine
* scorched3d -- Game based loosely on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth
* stormbaancoureur -- Simulated obstacle course for automobiles
* vavoom -- Enhanced Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife source port

With that said note that any package below is fair game!

And here is the full list:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/jwrdegoede

* 8Kingdoms -- 8 Kingdoms is a 3D turn-based fantasy strategic game

* abuse -- The classic Crack-Dot-Com game

* adime -- Allegro Dialogs Made Easy

* alex4 -- Alex the Allegator 4 - Platform game

* alfont -- Font rendering library for the Allegro game library

* alienblaster -- Action-loaded 2D arcade shooter game

* alleggl -- OpenGL support library for Allegro

* allegro -- A game programming library

* AllegroOGG -- Ogg library for use with the Allegro game library

* alphabet-soup -- Guide your worm through the soup to spell words

* amoebax -- Action-Puzzle Game

* ants -- Guide your ants safely home before they drop of the cliff

* arc -- Arc archiver

* ardour -- Multichannel Digital Audio Workstation

* arj -- Archiver for .arj files

* arm-gp2x-linux-binutils -- Cross Compiling GNU binutils targeted at
arm-gp2x-linux

* arm-gp2x-linux-gcc -- Cross Compiling GNU GCC targeted at arm-gp2x-linux

* arm-gp2x-linux-glibc -- Cross Compiled GNU C Library targeted at
arm-gp2x-linux

* arm-gp2x-linux-kernel-headers -- Kernel headers for Cross Compiling to
arm-gp2x-linux

* arm-gp2x-linux-SDL -- Cross Compiled SDL Library targeted at arm-gp2x-linux

* arm-gp2x-linux-zlib -- Cross Compiled zlib Library targeted at
arm-gp2x-linux

* arrows -- Neat little maze game

* asc -- Advanced Strategic Command

* asc-music -- Background music for the game asc

* atomorun -- Jump&Run game where you have to flee an exploding nuclear bomb

* auriferous -- Game inspired by the classic Loderunner

* autodownloader -- GUI-tool to automate the download of certain files

* avr-binutils -- Cross Compiling GNU binutils targeted at avr

* avrdude -- Software for programming Atmel AVR Microcontroller

* avr-gcc -- Cross Compiling GNU GCC targeted at avr

* avr-gdb -- GDB for (remote) debugging avr binaries

* avr-libc -- C library for use with GCC on Atmel AVR microcontrollers

* ballbuster -- Move the paddle to bounce the ball and break all the bricks

* ballz -- Platform game with some puzzle elements

* beneath-a-steel-sky -- Beneath a Steel Sky - Adventure Game

* beneath-a-steel-sky-cd -- Beneath a Steel Sky - Adventure Game - CD version

* bin2iso -- Convert ".bin" files into ISO or WAV

* blobAndConquer -- Blob Wars 2: Blob And Conquer

* blobwars -- Mission and Objective based 2D Platform Game

* BlockOutII -- A free adaptation of the original BlockOut DOS game

* bochs -- Portable x86 PC emulator

* bolzplatz2006 -- Slam Soccer 2006 is a funny football game in 3D-comic-style

* boswars -- Bos Wars is a futuristic real-time strategy game

* cdogs-data -- Data files for the CDogs game

* cdogs-sdl -- C-Dogs is an arcade shoot-em-up

* cel -- Crystal Entity Layer

* chess -- 3D chess game

* childsplay -- Suite of educational games for young children

* childsplay_plugins -- Plugins for childsplay (educational games for
young children)

* clanbomber -- Bomberman-like multiplayer game that uses ClanLib

* ClanLib -- Cross platform C++ game library

* ClanLib06 -- Version 0.6 of this Cross platform C++ game library

* clonekeen -- "Commander Keen: Invasion of the Vorticons" clone

* coldet -- 3D Collision Detection Library

* crack-attack -- Puzzle action game

* CriticalMass -- None

* crystalspace -- Crystal Space a free 3D engine

* crystal-stacker -- Falling blocks, match 3 or more of the same color
crystals

* crystal-stacker-themes -- Themes for the Crystal Stacker game

* dd2 -- Dodgin' Diamond 2 - Shoot'em up arcade game

* dia -- Diagram drawing program

* duel3 -- One on one spaceship duel in a 2D arena

* dumb -- IT, XM, S3M and MOD player library

* egoboo -- A top down graphical (3D) RPG in the spirit of Nethack

* egoboo-data -- Data files for the Egoboo RPG

* enet -- Thin, simple and robust network layer on top of UDP

* fbg -- Falling Block Game

* feh -- Fast command line image viewer using Imlib2

* flight-of-the-amazon-queen -- Flight of the Amazon Queen - Adventure Game

* flight-of-the-amazon-queen-cd -- Flight of the Amazon Queen - Adventure
Game - CD version

* fRaBs -- Free data files for abuse the game

* freecol -- The FreeCol multi-player strategy game

* freeglut -- A freely licensed alternative to the GLUT library

* freeimage -- Multi-format image decoder library

* freetype1 -- Free TrueType font rendering engine, compatibility version

* frozen-bubble -- Frozen Bubble arcade game

* games-menus -- Catagorized submenus for the GNOME/KDE Games menu

* gcompris -- Educational suite for kids 2-10 years old

* gemdropx -- Falling blocks puzzlegame

* gkrellm -- Multiple stacked system monitors in one process

* gkrellm-wifi -- Wireless monitor plugin for the GNU Krell Monitors

* glaxium -- An OpenGL space shooter

* glchess -- GlChess, a 3d Chess game using OpenGL

* glew -- The OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library

* Glide3 -- Glide3 runtime for the 3Dfx Voodoo family of cards

* Glide3-libGL -- Glide3 OpenGL library for use with 3Dfx Voodoo 1 & 2 cards

* glyph-keeper -- Library for text rendering

* gnome-applet-sensors -- Gnome panel applet for hardware sensors

* gnome-games -- GNOME games

* gnucap -- The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package

* gnumeric -- Spreadsheet program for GNOME

* goffice -- Goffice support libraries

* goffice04 -- Goffice support libraries

* gstream -- Simplified stream output/input for Allegro

* gt -- Modified Timidity which supports enhanced gus format patches

* gtkterm -- Serial port terminal

* hawknl -- Game oriented network library

* hedgewars -- 2D tankbattle game with the tanks replaced by hedgehogs

* Hermes -- Pixel format conversion library

* higlayout -- Easy to use and powerful layout manager for Java

* i2c-tools -- A heterogeneous set of I2C tools for Linux

* id3lib -- Library for manipulating ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags

* imlib2 -- Image loading, saving, rendering, and manipulation library

* Io-language -- Io is a small, prototype-based programming language

* jpgalleg -- JPEG library for the Allegro game library

* kbilliards -- A Fun Billiards Simulator Game

* KoboDeluxe -- 3'rd person scrolling 2D shooter

* ksensors -- KDE frontend to lm_sensors

* ksirk -- Turnbased multiplayer board strategy game (conquer the world!)

* lacewing -- Asteroid like game with many different ships

* ladspa-amb-plugins -- Ambisonics LADSPA plugins

* ladspa-blop-plugins -- Bandlimited LADSPA Oscillator Plugins

* ladspa-caps-plugins -- The C* Audio Plugin Suite

* ladspa-cmt-plugins -- A collection of LADSPA plugins

* ladspa-fil-plugins -- LADSPA Filter plugins

* ladspa-mcp-plugins -- A set of audio plugins for LADSPA

* ladspa-rev-plugins -- A reverberation plugin for LADSPA

* ladspa-tap-plugins -- Tom's Audio Processing plugin

* ladspa-vco-plugins -- Anti-aliased pulse and sawtooth oscillators

* lbrickbuster2 -- Brickbuster arcade game

* libao -- Cross Platform Audio Output Library

* libassetml -- XML resource database library

* libcddb -- Library (C API) for accessing CDDB servers

* libebml -- Extensible Binary Meta Language library

* libgda -- Library for writing gnome database programs

* libgnomedb -- Library for writing gnome database programs

* libid3tag -- ID3 tag manipulation library

* libmatroska -- Open audio/video container format library

* libmikmod -- A MOD music file player library

* libogg -- The Ogg bitstream file format library

* libsamplerate -- Sample rate conversion library for audio data

* libtar -- Tar file manipulation API

* libtheora -- Theora Video Compression Codec

* libtimidity -- MIDI to WAVE converter library

* libvorbis -- The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec.

* libXNVCtrl -- Library providing the NV-CONTROL API

* liquidwar -- Multiplayer wargame with liquid armies

* londonlaw -- Online multiplayer version of a well known detective boardgame

* lua -- Powerful light-weight programming language

* lure -- Lure of the Temptress - Adventure Game

* lzo -- Data compression library with very fast (de)compression

* machineball -- A futuristic ball game with simple rules

* magicmaze -- Board game featuring a maze which the players change each turn

* magicor -- Push ice blocks around to extenguish all fires

* MagicPoint -- X based presentation software

* maniadrive -- 3D stunt driving game

* maniadrive-data -- Data files for maniadrive, a 3D stunt driving game

* maniadrive-music -- Replacement soundtrack for the non free ManiaDrive
soundtrack

* mdbtools -- Access data stored in Microsoft Access databases

* methane -- Super Methane Brothers

* mikmod -- Music module player

* mirrormagic -- Puzzle game where you steer a beam of light using mirrors

* monkey-bubble -- Game in the spirit of Frozen Bubble

* njam -- Maze-game, eat all the cookies while avoiding the badguys

* nogravity -- Space shooter in 3D

* nogravity-data -- Data files for NoGravity

* ode -- High performance library for simulating rigid body dynamics

* ogre -- Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine

* ois -- Open Input System, OO gaming input library

* openct -- Middleware framework for smart card terminals

* opengl-games-utils -- Utilities to check proper 3d support before
launching 3d games

* openlierox -- Addictive realtime multiplayer 2D shoot-em-up

* opensc -- Smart card library and applications

* overgod -- Another Asteroid like game

* pachi -- Pachi El Marciano - Platform Game

* paragui -- Graphical User Interface based on SDL

* pcsc-perl -- Perl interface to the PC/SC smart card library

* pcsc-tools -- Tools to be used with smart cards and PC/SC

* perl-SDL -- SDL bindings for the Perl language

* PersonalCopy-Lite-soundfont -- Lite version of the PersonalCopy General
Midi soundfont

* pinball -- Emilia Pinball game

* pingus -- Guide the penguins safely home before they drop of the cliff

* pioneers -- Turnbased board strategy game (colonize an island)

* pipenightdreams -- Connect the waterpipes to create a proper pipeline

* plib -- Set of portable libraries especially useful for games

* plib16 -- Set of portable libraries especially useful for games

* pygtkglext -- Python bindings for GtkGLExt

* PyOpenGL -- Python bindings for OpenGL

* quake3 -- Quake 3 Arena tournament 3D shooter game

* rafkill -- Top-down shooter with powerups

* raidem -- 2d top-down shoot'em up

* raidem-music -- Background music for the game raidem

* Ri-li -- Arcade game where you drive a toy wood engine

* rott -- Rise of the Triad

* scorched3d -- Game based loosely on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth

* scorchwentbonkers -- Realtime remake of Scorched Earth

* scummvm -- Interpreter for several adventure games

* sdcc -- Small Device C Compiler

* sdljava -- Java binding to the SDL API

* SDLmm -- C++ interface for the popular SDL library

* SDL_sound -- Library handling decoding of several popular sound file formats

* seahorse-adventures -- Help barbie the seahorse float on bubbles to the moon

* shippy -- Space invaders / Galaxians like game with powerups

* SimGear -- Simulation library components

* smashteroid -- Astrosmash Remake

* sooperlooper -- Realtime software looping sampler

* soundtouch -- Audio Processing library for changing Tempo, Pitch and
Playback Rates

* stormbaancoureur -- Simulated obstacle course for automobiles

* supertuxkart -- Kids 3D go-kart racing game featuring Tux

* svgalib -- Low-level fullscreen SVGA graphics library

* taxipilot -- Game where you pilot a taxi in space

* theora-exp -- Experimental theora decoder

* timidity++ -- A software wavetable MIDI synthesizer

* tinyxml -- A simple, small, C++ XML parser

* TnL -- Thunder & Lightning - A futuristic action flight simulator game

* TnL-data -- Datafiles for Thunder and Lightning

* trackballs -- Steer a marble ball through a labyrinth

* trackballs-music -- In-game music for Trackballs

* tremulous -- First Person Shooter game based on the Quake 3 engine

* tremulous-data -- Data files for tremulous the FPS game

* tuxkart -- Kids 3D go-kart racing game featuring Tux

* upslug2 -- Firmware update utility for the nslu2

* vavoom -- Enhanced Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife source port

* vecmath1.2 -- Free version of vecmath from the Java3D 1.2 specification

* vegastrike -- 3D OpenGL spaceflight simulator

* vegastrike-data -- Data files for Vega Strike

* vorbis-tools -- The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec tools

* wildmidi -- WildMidi softsynth midi player

* worminator -- Sidescrolling platform and shoot'em up action-game

* worminator-data -- Data for worminator the game

* xarchon -- Arcade board game

* xblast -- Lay bombs and Blast the other players of the field (SDL version)

* xblast-data -- Data files for the game xblast

* xfig -- An X Window System tool for drawing basic vector graphics

* xgalaxy -- Galaxian / Galaga like game with powerups

* xu4 -- Ultima IV recreated

* zasx -- Asteroid like game with powerups

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Johan Cwiklinski

Hi

> * childsplay -- Suite of educational games for young children
> * childsplay_plugins -- Plugins for childsplay (educational games
for
> young children)
> * gcompris -- Educational suite for kids 2-10 years old

I'm interesting in co-maintaining these ones.

Regards,
Johan

Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Alphonse Van Assche

Hans de Goede a écrit :

* gcompris -- Educational suite for kids 2-10 years old

Hi Hans,

I can be a co-maintainer or take gcompris - my little girl love it!

Regards,
Alphonse

Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 AM
"Thibault North"

Hi,

Maybe I can take car of the avr-* packages. If anyone is also
interested, let me know.

Greetings,
Thibault

Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Hans de Goede

Alphonse Van Assche wrote:

Hans de Goede a écrit :

* gcompris -- Educational suite for kids 2-10 years old

Hi Hans,

I can be a co-maintainer or take gcompris - my little girl love it!

I've given myself co-maintainer rights to gcompris and released ownership, so
now its yours to take:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/gcompris

Regards,

Hans

Old 04-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Hans de Goede

Johan Cwiklinski wrote:

Hi

* childsplay -- Suite of educational games for young children
* childsplay_plugins -- Plugins for childsplay (educational games

for

young children)
* gcompris -- Educational suite for kids 2-10 years old

I'm interesting in co-maintaining these ones.

Go ahead and request the necessary rights for childsplay* and I'll approve
them, for gcompris you should be talking to alcapcom@gmail.com as I've just
handed that over to him.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

One of the first things you could do is package the childsplay_plugins_lfc
addon, which adds many more plugins. I never got around to doing that. Once
you've got a package ready I would be happy to review (and co-maintain) it.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Johan Cwiklinski

> Go ahead and request the necessary rights for childsplay* and I'll
approve
> them, for gcompris you should be talking to alcapcom@gmail.com as I've
> just
> handed that over to him.

Ok, I'll let him take ownership for gcompris, I'll add myself as
co-maintainer once done.

> Regards,
>
> Hans
>
> p.s.
>
> One of the first things you could do is package the
childsplay_plugins_lfc
> addon, which adds many more plugins. I never got around to doing that.
> Once
> you've got a package ready I would be happy to review (and co-maintain)
> it.

Ok, thanks for the tip ;-)

I'll take a look a it.

Regards,
Johan

Old 04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala

Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Tomáš Smetana

Hi,
I'd take the following two:

> * freeglut -- A freely licensed alternative to the GLUT library
> * imlib2 -- Image loading, saving, rendering, and manipulation library

Regards.

--
Tomáš Smetana
Base OS Software Engineer, Red Hat

Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Hans de Goede

Tomáš Smetana wrote:

Hi,
I'd take the following two:

* freeglut -- A freely licensed alternative to the GLUT library
* imlib2 -- Image loading, saving, rendering, and manipulation library

Excellent!

I've released both, goto these url's to claim ownership:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/imlib2
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/freeglut

Perhaps you want to take feh too then? Thats an imlib2 based image viewer.

Regards,

Hans