FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Patrice Dumas
 
Default basesystem, setup and filesystem

Hello,

It would be nice to solve the issues raised in the merge reviews of
those basic packages. It is on hold since some months.

In https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=225608 Robert Scheck
proposed to remove basesystem, have setup depend on filesystem, and
glibc depend on setup.

I think this is a good idea. Any feedback?

--
Pat

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default basesystem, setup and filesystem

Patrice Dumas (pertusus@free.fr) said:
> In https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=225608 Robert Scheck
> proposed to remove basesystem, have setup depend on filesystem, and
> glibc depend on setup.

I don't see why this is a review blocker.

Bill

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Patrice Dumas
 
Default basesystem, setup and filesystem

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 01:16:02PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Patrice Dumas (pertusus@free.fr) said:
> > In https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=225608 Robert Scheck
> > proposed to remove basesystem, have setup depend on filesystem, and
> > glibc depend on setup.
>
> I don't see why this is a review blocker.

If we drop basesystem, this is kind of a review blocker... Otherwise I
have approved it, but only if it is not removed from fedora (in F10).

--
Pat

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Phil Knirsch
 
Default basesystem, setup and filesystem

Patrice Dumas wrote:

Hello,

It would be nice to solve the issues raised in the merge reviews of
those basic packages. It is on hold since some months.

In https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=225608 Robert Scheck
proposed to remove basesystem, have setup depend on filesystem, and
glibc depend on setup.

I think this is a good idea. Any feedback?

--
Pat



Hi Patrice.

I've written a comment in the bz as well, but i think the order should
rather be:


basesystem
setup
filesystem

or, in case we decide to drop basesystem (i'm all for it btw, no reason
to keep it hanging around for no reason):


glibc: Requires(Pre) filesystem
filesystem: Requires(Pre) setup

which would end up being:

setup
filesystem
glibc

In case we drop it though we need to add

Obsoletes: basesystem-x-y
Provides: basesystem-x-y

to filesystem in order to have a consistent behavior and a proper chain
for updates, too.


Thoughts?

--
Philipp Knirsch | Tel.: +49-711-96437-470
Team Lead Core Services | Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH | Email: Phil Knirsch <pknirsch@redhat.com>
Hauptstaetterstr. 58 | Web: http://www.redhat.com/
D-70178 Stuttgart, Germany | IT executives: Red Hat #1 in value. Again.
| http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org